Ismet Bekler Meerschaum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher

Reaction score
Just got this today.  The previous owner smoked it once (using a smoking bowl).  When I first saw it I thought it was brand new but the shop manager was very honest about its condition.  Comes from a private collector in the area who was getting rid of some pipes to invest in more.  This is my first meerschaum and I can't wait until tomorrow morning to smoke it.  Without further ado, Bacchus!!!

That is one good looking meerschaum. I'm smoking mine now and I'm pretty happy. I put off buying a meerschaum for years and now I'm wondering why the hesitation.

Preacher":w7d9wvcc said:
That is one good looking meerschaum.  I'm smoking mine now and I'm pretty happy.  I put off buying a meerschaum for years and now I'm wondering why the hesitation.
I have been think8ng the same thing. My next pipe will be a meer, its decided

Take it from someone who deprived themself of the pleasure of a meerschaum, do it as soon as you can. There will be no disappointment.

Yes sir, the detailing on a lot of those meerschaum pipes is exquisite. That is one of the reasons I bought so many of them in the 1980's and 90's. Now mine all sit in a curio cabinet for me to look at. Preacher, your Bacchus is probably one of most beautiful I've seen. Although, lately I have been enjoying my better briars. I think it's because of the nutty taste the briars have.