Ism's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8razor

Reaction score
My grandfather had a little saying that he used to recite to me before every Wrestling season and Football season started. It realy hit home and made the most sense to me when he, a retired 38 year veteran of the infantry Master Gunnery Sergeant, shook my hand on the parade deck at Paris Island after graduation. His saying is as follows..........

"When the desire to succeed becomes so great, that all the hard work and effort put forth becomes a pleasure, then success is sure to come"

Just wondering if any of you all had any sayings/advice that your fathers/grandfathers/men of importance in your life gave or used to recite to you growing up or in adult life.

My Grandfather--a Navy Doctor who served as a field anaesthiologist with USMC forward unit--was fond of saying, "Sometimes I wish I smoked, just to piss people off."

I like to think I have taken his advice to heart. Doctor's orders, you know.

Doc Manhattan":cpy0j4ma said:
My Grandfather--a Navy Doctor who served as a field anaesthiologist with USMC forward unit--was fond of saying, "Sometimes I wish I smoked, just to piss people off."

I like to think I have taken his advice to heart. Doctor's orders, you know.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You in the service Doc?

Nope, I'm just a civilian.

(The closest I've come is teaching in a school that was pretty much a DMZ. 8) )

Nice quote... my dad shared one with me when I went off to boot camp.

Be a man simple.. but decipher that one... is a man a person who is 18.. 21 .. I say no... it's a person that thinkds about what they are going to do.. makes an intelligent decision and stands by that when it's right or wrong.... along with being devoted to the family, nation along with oneself.

james