Italian Pipes with a Little Zip!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborne

Reaction score
For those of you who like a little Italian flash in your pipes at a reasonable price (I know, that‘s relative), I came across this young Italian pipe maker recently and was impressed by his wares. I don't own one of his pipes (yet) so I can't tell you how they smoke. Maybe someone here will buy one and report back. Anyway, I provided two links because some of the pictures are a little different on each site (one's in Italian and the other in English). In addition to briar, he uses strawberry, olive, and lemon woods. I don't think he is generally known in North America.

In Italian: http://www.mastrograndolfo.com/default2.asp?

In English: http://www.naticonlapipa.com/

I really like this one:

Very nice... still affordable. The grain on the one you posted almost has the appearance of a cob. It's really a sharp looking pipe though.

Simple Man":rcg2f782 said:
Very nice... still affordable. The grain on the one you posted almost has the appearance of a cob. It's really a sharp looking pipe though.
You're right about the cob appearance. It's cool looking! I forgot to mention (but anyone who saw the picture can plainly see) that his pictures are great. He shows all sides of a pipe including the stem opening and draft hole in the chamber. I wish they all did that!

Have a great day, Simple Man!

I'm pretty much an Italian-only collector, minus Artisan makers, and his work never really struck me. To each their own, I suppose.

The Italian Poker (my name for this pipe style), the first pipe on the home page in the upper left-hand corner, 2011-0185—it looks to me that the bottom of the pipe must be quite thick as the draft hole enters the bowl so far from the bottom. True? I've seen this done on two new Radice pipes on smokingpipes, both smooth with some very good grain, 3/4 bent egg and oom paul and was wondering about this.

alfredo_buscatti":klpk665k said:
The Italian Poker (my name), the first pipe on the home page in the upper left-hand corner, 2011-0185—it looks to me that the bottom of the pipe must be quite thick as the draft hole enters the bowl so far from the bottom. True? I've seen this done on two new Radice pipes on smokingpipes, both smooth with some very good grain, 3/4 bent egg and oom paul and was wondering about this.

There’s a lot of lumber there, but yes, the draft hole is right at the bottom of the chamber with a lot of excess wood below that presumably for both practical and aesthetical concerns (a sitting beauty?) It’s a weighty little bambino at 105 grams and an interesting interpretation of the Poker. I think I know the Radices you're talking about.

Alfredo Buscatti = The Italian Poker ?

joshoowah":j3g5jtqv said:
I'm pretty much an Italian-only collector, minus Artisan makers, and his work never really struck me. To each their own, I suppose.

You're right. To each their own.