It's COLD in California!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smokinbriar":5ul5umjg said:
What the hell would they do if it started snowing :(
We'll annex Baja and make Cabo a bedroom community of San Diego 8)

Jimmy Kimmel is awesome. I remember when he was on the Kevin and Bean show in the mornings on the local radio station, so funny. Best late night host of them all in my opinion.

rev

I hate comics, the real comedy makes itself, they're just salesmen letting you know it's okay to laugh. :lol:

Meanwhile, my bro-in-law wakes up to 45" of snow and -10F today before he calls me to tell me how his new job is doing. :lol: He drives to "California" a lot (in the Tahoe area, anyway). Southern Californians crack me up. :p

8)

Ha sounds familiar hit the forties and everyone down here took a dump. Me I put on a coat and spend an hour outside smoking. I'm also ecstatic I get to use my fire place second time this year, not sure why we have one? :scratch:

the problem is that our houses are not built for this weather. Nor is our wardrobes. So for us to get to freezing, which we did last night, is very difficult for us, some of us cannot keep our houses warm as they have single pane windows, and little to no insulation. Plus we are accustomed to nicer weather as well. When I was growing up I lived more inland, and we would have stretches where the low did not go under 100 for over a week, and the highs were over 110. I have met many people that cannot deal with that either. Fact is, you get used to where you live. And we... got it pretty sweet :)

rev

:lol:

Still funny, Rev. haha I used to live in San Diego where the weather is always perfect, so I know what you mean. We're pretty much the same way here in Georgia, 3 - 4 inches of snow will shut us down for a week. Which to me is always a nice excuse to stay in and enjoy the break. Wish it would snow now! :lol:

I have a friend from back east, he is used to crazy cold, but he is really struggling this winter here. The reason? you can't get the house warm. So there is no respite. Sure its not minus twelve with seven feet of snow, but when you can see your breath indoors... yeah that sucks

rev

I hear ya Rev, the birdbath on my back patio froze over a week ago and never thawed out. Went out there to smoke yesterday afternoon at 3 oclock, the turkeys came by and couldn't peck through the ice. Screw this.

:lol: Having spent plenty of time in the Carlsbad/Escondido/S.D. area (a second home for a while in my youth), life is different down there, that's for sure.

Nevada's extreme temps (especially in the central part of the state) can easily swing 120'F over the course of a full year. Insulated houses are a must no matter what is going on!

It's 40'F on my porch right now, and seems like miles from the 2'F it was 36 hours ago... In a T-shirt outside for the first time in 2013... :lol:

8)

This whole thing of going out in the morning and finding some kind of ice or frost on my car? Completely outrageous and uncivilized.

When will it end??

Insert typical Canadian response to anybody who complains about the cold that isn't Russian. 8)