It's pronounced like "bosun", not like it's spelled

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boatswain

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm Charles, and I'm a veteran of the U.S. Navy. I became a pipe smoker while in the Navy, thanks to one of our chief petty officers introducing me to pipe smoking. Tragically, I lost my pipe (thanks to a rather large blue-fin tuna we caught while fishing off the back of my ship). The dang fish was flopping like mad and knocked my pipe out of my mouth and made it the property of the Pacific Ocean. The loss as since been remedied, with many more additions as well.

There's 1 sea story down, and about 499 more to go lol

Welcome to BOB. Nice story. That's why every piper needs a couple of cobs in the tackle box.

I was actually a Mineman in the mine-sweep navy, but I spent a majority of my time as a deck ape (was the Deck dept. supervisor my last year on-board ship). Nice to meet a fellow sailor on here!!! :)

Welcome :) I hope you enjoy your time here on BoB! Sorry to hear about your first pipe but I'm glad it sounds like the loss encouraged a nice health PAD outbreak.

Welcome to the crew Boats! Retired Coastie, put my crow on in '72 (g)..

Another old boatswains mate here, but Coast Guard. Welcome.

A tuna never would have gotten the better of a soldier. Regardless I hope the tuna was good eatin' and welcome to BoB.

Oh yeah, that tuna was eaten! It went great with a little lemon juice, fresh ground pepper, and a smoked paprika rub lol