I've done this (used to be a cop, years ago), and have...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
...watched any number of people deal with it.

I have yet to NOT see one of those "Violence solves nothing! There's always another way!" people going into the simulation look a LOT different coming out. (Literally. The facial expressions are priceless.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfi3Ndh3n-g

That doesn't fit the narrative. You need to remove it before you get Vince Fostered.

The panic button Libby is hit with when having to chose between, "No one needs a gun, that's what police are for." and "All cops are killers"
Lol silly libbys.

Wow. :shock:

Good find, LL. That oughta change the mind of any rational person who's out there in the street shouting, "What do we want? Dead cops!"

...oh, wait..."rational"...

Never mind.

newjok10.png

Interesting vid there. Personally I was raised to believe that you don't fight or flee from the police. The only thing you can do is make things worse for yourself, or cooperate. The only times I have ever truly disliked police is when I was n the wrong side of them. I have to talk to them sometimes on my routes and there always fairly normal people to me. Of course, my company does partly sponsor their athletic association in town haha.

It's quite the mental/behavior change when something you've always believed in turns out be untrue. Reality has a way of jumping up and biting you on the neck..

bosun1":mtsytm5m said:
It's quite the mental/behavior change when something you've always believed in turns out be untrue.  Reality has a way of jumping up and biting you on the neck..
Indeed.

Even more entertaining is that after running through these scenarios, the Give-Peace-a-Chance! holdouts who objected to "being tricked" did the same thing AGAIN---after claiming with absolute certainty that they wouldn't---when run through a second, similar set of tactical situations.  

Bottom line?  You can believe in anything you want, physical violence doesn't give a shit.  You must either deal with it on its own terms, or you will become someone's (or something's) lunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDZP08LZlKM

You'd be amazed at how many Officers I've had over the years who took the position of: "I'll never draw my gun and shoot anyone, I can (fill in the blank) and I won't have to kill them".....

When they go through "Integrated Scenario Based Training" / "Force on Force", you'd have to see how many of them left training in tears or they completely fell apart and couldn't regain their composure! Hard to believe that they made the conscious decision to enter Law Enforcement with that type of mindset.

I have told many Officers over my 28 years, that "This job might not be for you".
Few of them retired / left. The rest stayed for a steady paycheck and were "R.I.P." aka "Retired in Place" and were useless to anyone.

Hell, I still see Officers who won't even put a round in the chamber of their duty weapons because they are absolutely terrified of having a loaded gun in their possession........ :affraid: