I've got kitchen duty tonight...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2031

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
The beautiful wife has had a lot of busy days with her work (designer) and the holidays, so tonight I'm treating her to a home cooked meal. I'm making Stuffed Shells and a nice salad... maybe a few stuffed mushrooms as well, too much? I'd like to get a nice bottle of wine to go with it... I'm kinda/sorta thinking Pinot Grigio, but I know so little about wine pairing... any suggestions? She likes light, fruity, smooth wines.

Though I'm not a wine expert, I do like a glass occasionally and when I have difficulty picking a wine for my meal, I'll pick a white zinfandel. A local restaurant uses Copper Ridge brand as their house wine. To me it's hard to beat with any meal and would fit your wife's tastes.

Jim

Thanks guys... I'm really not good at pairing. LOL So I finally decided to use what I had on hand which turned out to be a nice Merlot, which tasted pretty good with it to me. If the wife disagreed she was gracious enough to let me think I had chosen well... gotta love that woman! :D