Iwan Ries & Co! Holy butt balls! *virtual tour*

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jefe1037":giao5vu0 said:
Hater: you are a serious Clark Griswold type if you are going to hit up all these spots. Chicago by itself could easily occupy you for a good chunk of time. Galena is a great spot indeed, but to keep things in perspective, stopping in galena while visiting chicago would be like me visiting LA and someone saying that I should "pop in" on Tahoe. Clear across the state. Between museums, Cubs and Sox, theater, comedy, music.... you can definitely do three FULL days and nights and not feel like you have even scratched the surface. Anywho, let me know if you want some restaurant recommendations for chicago (i'm in the F&B industry), and where you are staying btw so I can point you in the right direction if you want. Uber is a chicago boy too, so he can help you out as well.

Have fun!
Well, to be fair we aren't just going to Chicago. We are going all over WI, a place in IO, and Chicago as well :). I'm mactually jus thinking of taking out Champaine as that seems to take me the furthest out there (even though I REALLY want to see their Estate pipes). Then again I love to drive and sight see and 4 hours for me in a car is nothing (I drive for a living) so its all good. Probably rent harleys for a few days anyway which makes the ride that much more invigorating and exciting :)

As far as resteraunt rec's I'd love some. In Chicago we are staying somewhere in the lopp I guess its called. Whatcha got for me?

Sounds fun... I would be on overload by the time I got through with your trip, and i think Champaign would be the one to knock out if you had to.

As far as chicago goes, the loop is a nice central location, close to ALL the trains for cruising around town, and close to the aquarium and the museum of natural history, and the museum of science and industry is a quick shot down south. The Red Line will take you to Wrigley or US Cellular field; For deep dish pizza, i like Pisano's on madison if you want my FAVORITE pizza, which my inlaws swear is TRUE Chicago style with a cracker thin crust and the best sausage ever, I like Vito and Nick's on Pulaski way down south by 85th. however, the loop is somewhat lacking in nightlife. My favorite area for food and drink is River North. Rick Bayless's restaurants offer some of the best Mexican Fusion food on the planet (Xoco, Frontera Grill and Topolobampo, all on Clark St) Hubbard street has great bars and clubs of all types from dives to sports bars to clubs filled with tight-shirted d-bags. Great seafood can be had at Shaws (sit in the oyster bar, not the restaurant) and Joe's stone crab (pricy, but still a great value... AWESOME steaks too) Up rush street you can find Gibson's, a chicago steak landmark, and more bars, restaurants and clubs.

That sums up my little world of experience, but all around wrigley field (aka Wrigleyville) has great bars and nightlife, and there are endless neighborhood places, and every kind of ethnic food imaginable

puros_bran":c9wikfdf said:
Drive for a living?
This. My living isn't necessarily driving, but I put on my fair share of miles to get to my quite out-of-the-way destinations. Destinations that have nary a pipe shop or good food much of the time. :lol: I love travel, it's great thinkin' time.

puros_bran":53cg7sli said:
Drive for a living?
Yeah 10-4. At the moment, or at least the last 2 years, with the building industry in California in utter shambles (my usual occupation), I am driving a tow truck. And I would not be lying to you if I said I was in my truck more than I am at home in any 24 hour period . Im driving at least 16-20 hours a day. It's just part of the job kiddies.

Kyle Weiss":w31zn7lr said:
puros_bran":w31zn7lr said:
Drive for a living?
This. My living isn't necessarily driving, but I put on my fair share of miles to get to my quite out-of-the-way destinations. Destinations that have nary a pipe shop or good food much of the time. :lol: I love travel, it's great thinkin' time.
Do it on a harley. Its even better.

We have any other bikers up in this place?