Japan

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlock999

Reaction score
While enjoying some OGS in a Tsuge Triangle bent rhodesian this morning, my thoughts were definitely with the people of Japan. I have a number of good friends who are Japanese, and l can't imagine what they are going through right now. All I can say is that of all the people in the world, the Japanese are among the very best at rebuilding and find positives in tragedy.

I have a cousin who works in Tokyo. I first heard about the quakes through his panicked messages on Facebook. Scary stuff..

Much too sad for a Godzilla reference... I didn't realize the extent of the disaster upon waking yesterday.

:(

Harlock999":ii8qkbnl said:
While enjoying some OGS in a Tsuge Triangle bent rhodesian this morning, my thoughts were definitely with the people of Japan. I have a number of good friends who are Japanese, and l can't imagine what they are going through right now. All I can say is that of all the people in the world, the Japanese are among the very best at rebuilding and find positives in tragedy.
Chris, thanks for binging this up, its really hard to imagine just what everyone is going through, they have been in our prayers. We have family in Hawaii, they did make it through the tsunami warnings. I've made it through dozens of snow storms and 2 Gulf Cost hurricanes, but I never experienced anything like this.

What a horrible thing to happen.
I'm sure the Red Cross will be needing donations and blood donors.
One's first thoughts are how little effect that a small donation or pint of blood could possibly help...but I have to do what I can.

Do you folks have any ideas?

Thanks
Bill

The world’s second big nuclear disaster occurred at Chernobyl Reactor No. 4 in the Ukraine on Apr 26, 1986. Chernobyl ejected 30% of one 192 ton, three month old reactor core. That’s 57.6 radioactive tons thrown into the air by fire and explosions.

The tiny radioactive and burning smoke particles traveled around the world many times since 1979, killing an estimated one million people to date from radiation caused illnesses and cancers. This is according to Editor Dr Janette Sherman’s exhaustive and widely acclaimed book on 5,000 Chernobyl scientific papers recently published by the New York Academy of Sciences [1].

As Dr. Michio Kaku, a CUNY theoretical physicist pointed out on CNN March 18, 2011, Chernobyl involved one reactor and only 57.6 Tons of the reactor core went into the atmosphere. In dramatic contrast, the Fukushima Daiichi disaster immediately involved six reactors and IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency, a UN Agency) documented 2,800 Tons of highly radioactive old reactor cores.

Simple division tells us there are at least 48.6 Chernobyls in the burning old reactor cores pumping isotopes into the Earth’s atmosphere. It is no stretch to say Fukushima Daiichi’s six reactors and the dry holding pools for old reactor cores are equal to more than 50 Chernobyl disasters.

Looking at the current Japanese meltdown as more than 50 Chernobyls is just the start. In addition, the fate of the four nearby reactors at Fukushima Daini is as yet unknown by the outside world. Working at the nearby reactors, only 10 km (6 miles away) is a quick, painful death sentence. They are inside the mandatory evacuation zone.

This much is known. All radioactive exposures are cumulative for each human, animal and plant. What’s more, mutated genetic codes are passed on to offspring forever. This means all Japanese and all Northern Hemisphere inhabitants suffer internal radioactive contamination from Fukushima Daiichi reactors already . . . [T]here are 429 Lethal Doses chasing each and every one of us on the planet, to put it in a nutshell. This is up from about 70 Billion Lethal Doses March 23, 2011. It is getting worse every day without any intervention by the US and the other nuclear powers.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/05/28/fukushima-how-many-chernobyls-is-it/

:face: