Joe Cocker has died !!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
A GREAT in music has reportedly died in his home in London yesterday. A sad day for music ! :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear that. He was a real favorite that goes back to the 60's. I still play his music quite frequently. First I have heard of his passing. :cry:

That sucks. I saw him with BB King and Stevie Ray way back in the day. Was an amazing performer.

rev

Aw, another one of my old favourites gone. Still have and play his first two albums. Vinyl of course.

Saw him back in '69 at the Midwest Rock Fest in Milwaukee, WI. Wasn't familiar with him then, and he acted like a spaz on stage. But oh, what a voice!

RIP Joe!

:(

Cheers,

RR

the rev":s8abh5vz said:
That sucks. I saw him with BB King and Stevie Ray way back in the day. Was an amazing performer.

rev
THAT would have been a show to see.

Truly sad news...saw him in person at Woodstock and several times after.

Amazing voice, amazing human being.

pepesdad1":3173cs08 said:

So you were there at Woodstock, Walt? That begs a whole new thread detailing your experiences then.

Me, I was 17 at the time and was certainly aware of the event. But still being in HS living with the folks prevented me from going. So I settled on attending the Midwest Rock Fest at the county fairgrounds in West Allis ('burb of Mil, WI) a month or so before Woodstock. That was only about a 20 min drive from where I lived.

So, not to hijack this thread any more but I'd be interested to hear your reminiscences of Woodstock on another thread sometime. I have the album, and the DVD. Sound quality is pretty mediocre - awful for many of the performances, yet it serves to capture the spirit of the event and what was happening back then. Are you featured in any of the video shots?

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":6nfrz0vp said:
pepesdad1":6nfrz0vp said:

So you were there at Woodstock, Walt? That begs a whole new thread detailing your experiences then.

Me, I was 17 at the time and was certainly aware of the event. But still being in HS living with the folks prevented me from going. So I settled on attending the Midwest Rock Fest at the county fairgrounds in West Allis ('burb of Mil, WI) a month or so before Woodstock. That was only about a 20 min drive from where I lived.

So, not to hijack this thread any more but I'd be interested to hear your reminiscences of Woodstock on another thread sometime. I have the album, and the DVD. Sound quality is pretty mediocre - awful for many of the performances, yet it serves to capture the spirit of the event and what was happening back then. Are you featured in any of the video shots?

Cheers,

RR
There's probably several Bro's here who went to Woodstock. I went with 6 of my friends in a '59 VW bus which blew a rod on the way back to Texas and we had to rebuild the engine on the side of the road in Georgia!! Scary place to have longhair back then !! Three months later I was enrolled in the University of Vietnam for graduate work in life !! :twisted: :twisted: Listened to Joe on 8 tracks back then. He helped with my "studies" alot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":zwpy5a2y said:
Brewdude":zwpy5a2y said:
pepesdad1":zwpy5a2y said:

Cheers,

RR
There's probably several Bro's here who went to Woodstock. I went with 6 of my friends in a '59 VW bus which blew a rod on the way back to Texas and we had to rebuild the engine on the side of the road in Georgia!! Scary place to have longhair back then !! Three months later I was enrolled in the University of Vietnam for graduate work in life !! :twisted: :twisted: Listened to Joe on 8 tracks back then. He helped with my "studies" alot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
So you're another Woodstock attendee then? You and Walt should start a thread detailing the experience. I'd be very interested.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":6dru1bez said:
monbla256":6dru1bez said:
Brewdude":6dru1bez said:
pepesdad1":6dru1bez said:

Cheers,

RR
So you're another Woodstock attendee then? You and Walt should start a thread detailing the experience. I'd be very interested.

Cheers,

RR
Thanks, but no thanks. It was like Vietnam, ya had to have been there. That was then, now is now. I try and live in the present and let history be :twisted: :twisted:

Anyone claiming to REMEMBER Woodstock was not there....

Well, that's what I heard.

"Thanks, but no thanks. It was like Vietnam, ya had to have been there. That was then, now is now. I try and live in the present and let history be"

"Anyone claiming to REMEMBER Woodstock was not there...."

I was there as guest of the two crackpots that put it on...Michael Lang and Arti Cornfeld...so I was on stage as well as in the choppers bringing in the stars.

Haven't seen any pictures of my sorry ass back then, and I was too "involved" to take any myself.

It was pretty much a mess.

Aristokles":97g57tgb said:
Anyone claiming to REMEMBER Woodstock was not there....

Well, that's what I heard.
I remember those who didn't go saying that :twisted: :twisted:

pepesdad1":zhbgi35i said:
"Thanks, but no thanks. It was like Vietnam, ya had to have been there. That was then, now is now. I try and live in the present and let history be"

I was there as guest of the two crackpots that put it on...Michael Lang and Arti Cornfeld...so I was on stage as well as in the choppers bringing in the stars.

Haven't seen any pictures of my sorry ass back then, and I was too "involved" to take any myself.

Ok, now you have to tell us more about it!

MisterE":2v3clyok said:
pepesdad1":2v3clyok said:

Ok, now you have to tell us more about it!

And how. You have my full attention now Walt - c'mon......spill!!

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR