John Patton Oriental Dusk Group Buy

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MichaelM":q9ild60g said:
My order also shipped today! Amazing how in about 48 hours it went from a lost blend to a package in transit.  I'm really looking forward to it.
Mike.
Ditto to all.

MichaelM":6wfqarum said:
Shipment arrived today and I'm already 2 bowls in :D
Nice. Mine arrived as well. Unfortunately I didn't have time for a pipe last night.

Mine came in too and I had time to smoke a bowl. But I smoked old stock. At least it will be fresh in mind when I try the new stuff.

Ps, the OD I had followed a big bowl of HH Vintage Syrian. It was my first bowl of VS (thanks Eklektos) and was good itself and was a great back to back experience with the OD. I don't usually go back to back but have in the past but this one is by far the best back to back experience with different tobaccos I've ever had. VS on the way to the grocery store, OD on the way home. I did spend some time parked when I got to both. No reason to hurry the smokes!

juanmedusa":tdnvhhad said:
Mine came in too and I had time to smoke a bowl. But I smoked old stock. At least it will be fresh in mind when I try the new stuff.

Ps, the OD I had followed a big bowl of HH Vintage Syrian. It was my first bowl of VS (thanks Eklektos) and was good itself and was a great back to back experience with the OD. I don't usually go back to back but have in the past but this one is by far the best back to back experience with different tobaccos I've ever had. VS on the way to the grocery store, OD on the way home. I did spend some time parked when I got to both. No reason to hurry the smokes!
I do that parking thing all the time in the winter! A pipe on my drive makes me almost wish to hit red lights so I can enjoy a few minutes longer!

aadelma":uj4q4v0r said:
Does anybody else detect some black cavendish in OD?
Maybe according to your taste, but not what is put forth here on TR-

Brand John Patton
Blend Type Unknown
Contents Burley, Cigar Leaf, Virginia, Oriental/Turkish
Flavoring None
Cut Coarse Cut
Packaging Bulk
Country US
Production Unknown

Can't say I pick up any Cav in this myself. But that's just me of course.

Cheers,

RR

I don't detect any black cav, at least not in my older stash of OD. I have yet to smoke what I recently received.

My stash is 3 years old, maybe it's the va taking over with age. Now that there is more on the way, I'm smoking my last ounce with lustful abandon.

DrumsAndBeer":h5jpd7wx said:
I don't detect any black cav, at least not in my older stash of OD. I have yet to smoke what I recently received.
This also.

But let me say that I do think Cavendish is an unheralded hero in mixtures sometimes. It's amazing what a little Cavendish can do especially when it's used to affect the body and balance of a tobacco but not necessarily to be a big flavor in it.

juanmedusa":rm5ft1n0 said:
DrumsAndBeer":rm5ft1n0 said:
This also.

But let me say that I do think Cavendish is an unheralded hero in mixtures sometimes. It's amazing what a little Cavendish can do especially when it's used to affect the body and balance of a tobacco but not necessarily to be a big flavor in it.
I agree. I've tried straight black cavendish from a couple of sources and maybe my palate is shot but I just couldn't get flavor from those tobaccod. But blends that contain black cavendish do often have a smooth rounded quality that I enjoy. Its been a while since I smoked old OD, so I can't remember the details. The new stuff I've been smoking for the past few days strikes me as being exceptionally well balanced and if I didn't know better I would probably have guessed there was some cavendish in there. However I think its just the right proportions of quality leaf. There is a tiny rough edge that I think will mellow as the blend melds. Its very good stuff.
Mike.