John Paul Beaumier's "The pipe smoker........."

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyS

Reaction score
Anyone read John Paul Beaumier's "The pipe smoker : being an entertaining & scientific treatise on pipes & tobaccos with wholly new revelations about the pipe smoker"? The title is long but it's a great, funny read. What sets it apart from all the other books about pipes is it's mainly about the pipe smoker himself and why he smokes a pipe. With good anecdotes and tidbits I think you'd find it engaging and humorous. IIRC it's circa 1980, ISBN 0062503671. I tried searching for it but no luck. If you're lucky your local library might have it like mine did. Check it out. I think you'll like it.

You have my undivided attention ....( oh look a butterfly!).... I think the day after tomorrow I will run to the library and see if they have it. There is also a used book store in my town... may sniff around there too.... are there any other books of the smae topic that you know of???

Thanks, Tony. I just picked up a copy based on your recommendation. I'm always looking for something else to read. Also stumbled on a poetry book titled 'Pipe & Pouch' first published in 1894... that will probably be next on my list.

They have a few copies for sale on www.abebooks.com from $10.00 to $18.00 if anyone is interested.
Best Regards
Richard

Thistleoak":08t8z7y7 said:
You have my undivided attention ....( oh look a butterfly!).... I think the day after tomorrow I will run to the library and see if they have it. There is also a used book store in my town... may sniff around there too.... are there any other books of the smae topic that you know of???
None, sorry, that I've read recently. There were a few others I read years ago during my first attempt at pipe smoking but I don't remember them. This one I remembered though. :)