Joined the Bortherhood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danish Guy

Reaction score
I have been smoking a pipes for 46 years. Love the old Danish pipes and just acquired a gorgeous Poul Winslow. Latakia lover since the very beginning. I only smoke Gaslight since it came out. I have no need for anything else it is that wonderful and most serene. Deep, Dark, and so Smooooooth!

Forty-six years, eight pipes, and one tobacco.  You, sir, have got it DOWN!  Welcome to BOB.

Thanks - re: the 8 pipes.  I used to have around 50 high end pipes but whittled them down to the 8 I need and love.  I smoked Abingdon until Greg came out with Gaslight and THAT is the Holy Grail for me.

Welcome! I apparently need to try some Gaslight. I'd love to see the 8 pipes you whittled down to, if you're up for snapping a pic or two.

Great to have you on board.

Hi Danish Guy. It seems you have found enlightenment. Still searching for mine... Welcome to the BoB.

Thanks everyone! Growley, my digital cam bit the dust about 2 months ago. Sorry!

Danish Guy":59qxb04w said:
Thanks everyone!  Growley, my digital cam bit the dust about 2 months ago.  Sorry!
No problem. I'll just imagine them being really nice.  :D 

Welcome to BoB, and congrats on finding the 'one true mixture' for you!

"T"

Danish Guy":von0ianb said:
I used to have around 50 high end pipes but whittled them down to the 8 I need and love.
I smoked Abingdon until Greg came out with Gaslight and THAT is the Holy Grail for me.
Welcome aboard, DG ...

My story is pretty much the reverse of yours ... 40+ years of pipe smoking, almost half of which featured a single Holy Grail tobacco and a handful of high quality pipes ... then, my Holy Grail went away ... POOF ... gone. I smoked only cigars for a number of years before dusting off the pipes, adding substantially to their number and undertaking a search for a new Holy Grail ...

You've arrived at a great spot here ... I've gained substantial insight from the collective group and it has aided me in no small measure in my search for THE one that will become my new Holy Grail ...

My 2-3 tobacco's went away too, a long time ago - I searched a long time and then...

Hello and Welcome to the BOB forum, from John in NJ.  :study: