June 6th, and the forecast is snow

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
:twisted:

Starting tonight, and all through tomorrow.

Eat yer hearts out, Arizonies and Southern Californicators. The real resort weather is on the Montana/North Dakota border.

:cheers:

LL":vb2co2ym said:
:twisted:

Starting tonight, and all through tomorrow.

Eat yer hearts out, Arizonies and Southern Californicators. The real resort weather is on the Montana/North Dakota border.

:cheers:

thats amazing.. i thought we had it bad (mass) when it was 52 and raining last night.

:lol: You may be skiing but I'm setting out on the deck in swimming trunks drinking a nice cool toddy in 80 degree weather and enjoying my pipe. :lol!: :cheers:

That's the Dakota territories for ya. 104 here in Kansas. So, snow might sound good about now. :p earl

hi all today its 52f but it feels like 47f with the wind chill and we just had a
fun strom come throught droping this stuff all over

I wish I still had the pictures of baseball sized hail that often falls in West Texas in late spring, early summer. That stuff is truly no FUN at all :affraid:

kilted1":d8cu94fn said:
I wish I still had the pictures of baseball sized hail that often falls in West Texas in late spring, early summer. That stuff is truly no FUN at all :affraid:
yeah i dont want to see that here tonight there saying we might have some bad stroms coming throught i hope i don't have any hail like that here tonight

LL":uk0erf07 said:
Speaking of Nebraska storms ^^^^, here's one from last year.

Be sure to click directly on the pix. It'll expand their size.

http://backingwinds.blogspot.com/2008/06/5-29-08-kearney-tornado-photos.html
I witnessed those kinds of storms for 18 years in Texas, helped clean up after a few. Somehow I dodged any direct damage other than hail damage to vehicles for all of those years. After 6 years away in the mountains of North Georgia, it finally caught up with me. My truck got hit pretty hard by the top of a tree during a Cat 1 tornado which did moderate damage where I now live. Georgia has seen a fair amount of tornado activity the past couple of seasons, though I've not lived here long enough to know if that is 'normal'. It just seems ironic to have survived Texas and get hit in Georgia :shock:

Those are some great pictures on that website though, looks exactly like that when a storm goes bonkers :affraid:

kilted1":5qodsayb said:
LL":5qodsayb said:

I witnessed those kinds of storms for 18 years in Texas, helped clean up after a few. Somehow I dodged any direct damage other than hail damage to vehicles for all of those years. After 6 years away in the mountains of North Georgia, it finally caught up with me. My truck got hit pretty hard by the top of a tree during a Cat 1 tornado which did moderate damage where I now live. Georgia has seen a fair amount of tornado activity the past couple of seasons, though I've not lived here long enough to know if that is 'normal'. It just seems ironic to have survived Texas and get hit in Georgia :shock:

Those are some great pictures on that website though, looks exactly like that when a storm goes bonkers :affraid:
i have not been hit yet by a tornado i hope i never do i live in a trailer park and you know how tornado love to hit trailer parks :mrgreen:

kilted1":p4kgwjrx said:
Georgia has seen a fair amount of tornado activity the past couple of seasons, though I've not lived here long enough to know if that is 'normal'.
Pretty much, I'm afraid. :twisted:

The main reason most people aren't familiar with tornadoes in the SE states is because they are rarely seen or captured on film. They're usually both blocked by trees and rain-wrapped. Definitely there, though:

http://www.tornadochaser.net/images/frequency.jpg

robertw1249":vuzhfx3i said:
kilted1":vuzhfx3i said:
LL":vuzhfx3i said:

i have not been hit yet by a tornado i hope i never do i live in a trailer park and you know how tornado love to hit trailer parks :mrgreen:
Yeah, mobile homes tend to go MOBILE in a tornado, and the contents are usually found in several counties :affraid:

Good Luck Brother :pipe:

kilted1":3t4fv3fx said:
robertw1249":3t4fv3fx said:
kilted1":3t4fv3fx said:
LL":3t4fv3fx said:

Yeah, mobile homes tend to go MOBILE in a tornado, and the contents are usually found in several counties :affraid:

Good Luck Brother :pipe:
thanks i dont want my pipes and tobacco stash blowing all over nebraska :affraid:

LL":sn5c6xju said:
kilted1":sn5c6xju said:
Georgia has seen a fair amount of tornado activity the past couple of seasons, though I've not lived here long enough to know if that is 'normal'.
Pretty much, I'm afraid. :twisted:

The main reason most people aren't familiar with tornadoes in the SE states is because they are rarely seen or captured on film. They're usually both blocked by trees and rain-wrapped. Definitely there, though:

http://www.tornadochaser.net/images/frequency.jpg
:affraid: A Large Green Blob followed me from Texas :affraid: