Junktique/estate sale finds for the last couple of weekends

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lifeon2

Reaction score
[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]OK so I had the weekend before I left for Seattle and last weekend to do a little pipe shopping and here are some of the fruits of my labor.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]First 4 yello boles from the top down they are 1, Centura 2, yello bole with the kbb in the clover leaf 3, thorn 4, collegiate. They were $6 dollars each.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif] [/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]Next is 2 WDCs the top is a lockmount and the bottom is a milano hesson guard. The lockmount was $5 and the milano was $6[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif] a quartet of grabows the top 2 are DeLuxe with the spade on top of the stem the first one is a 9803 and the second is  a 9711 the second 2 are westbrooks one regular and one continental. These were $6 dollars each.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]A nice unsmoked and unmarked calabash with the stand $5 bucks for the pipe with the stand.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]The last three are once again from the top down an unsmoked with the box and paper work brass tone kirsten, a savinelli punto oro and a sasieni 4 dot they were $10 each.[/font]

[font=Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif]I still need to take some pics of my new 6 sided display as well.[/font]

One mans junk is another mans treasure. Great finds on some awesome deals. :cheers:

Awesome finds, and even better prices. Congrats!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Looks like a Pioneer brand calabash, and the stand alone is worth around $40 at least. The bash, probably around $100.

I really like the Kirsten, as well as the Sav Punto Oro!

There's gotta be over $200 worth of pipes there at least! Congrats on scoring some great bargains lifeon! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Thanks everyone I really had a good couple of weekends for pipe bargains :D

Awesome finds!  It seems when I find pipes at junk shops or flea markets they're burned out cobs or briars with more fills than wood, and priced as though the seller has documentation that they were once owned by Mark Twain :evil:.

I love that diamond-shanked (pot? billiard?) pipe.

That calabash is a great find, the others are good too, but love that calabash!

Thanks again everyone I am hoping that this weekend will net a few more scores I have an estate sale that has tobacianna listed among the items for sale.....its good to have a buddy that owns the company that puts the sales on :)

lifeon2":g0x9ppxw said:
Thanks again everyone I am hoping that this weekend will net a few more scores I have an estate sale that has tobacianna listed among the items for sale.....its good to have a buddy that owns the company that puts the sales on :)
Foul!  Not fair!  INSIDER TRADING!!!!!!!!!!

Someone contact the FCC or the ASPCA or some multi-letter watchdog agency!  It might be OPEC -- Old Pipe Exchange Commission -- either an adjunct of the SEC or the Saudi's; not real sure.

JKenP":qbc669wm said:
lifeon2":qbc669wm said:
Foul!  Not fair!  INSIDER TRADING!!!!!!!!!!

Someone contact the FCC or the ASPCA or some multi-letter watchdog agency!  It might be OPEC -- Old Pipe Exchange Commission -- either an adjunct of the SEC or the Saudi's; not real sure.

I don't care who you are ..... that's  funny!,

You know I was worried about insider trading charges for a while so I started spelling my name out very clearly for the reciepts J-k-e-n-P :lol:

lifeon2":nmiapjy8 said:
You know I was worried about insider trading charges for a while so I started spelling my name out very clearly for the reciepts J-k-e-n-P :lol:
Your fear should be when we end up sharing a cell. :flower:

That's crazy.  Just one thoroughly-chewed Dr. Grabow with burnouts is $50+ in Reno.   :lol: 
The economy has not been kind to us.  Unusually trashy and live-by-the-skin-of-their-teeth folks are all trying to get theirs.   Thus, limited wares vs desperate peddlers equals...

...not deals like the above, that's for damned sure.   :lol:   I need to start visiting the affluent/populated metropolises more often.

Dutch":utp27ddz said:
Looks like a Pioneer brand calabash, and the stand alone is worth around $40 at least. The bash, probably around $100.

I really like the Kirsten, as well as the Sav Punto Oro!

There's gotta be over $200 worth of pipes there at least! Congrats on scoring some great bargains lifeon! :cheers::cheers::cheers:
Chris is right, that's got to be a Pioneer.  My local B&M sold them back in the late 80's and early 90's, and one that size would have cost $80-$100 from them back then, although their prices were probably a little high.  I have a similar stand I bought 10 years ago, too. Still has the sticker on it for $27, which I thought a bargain at the time.