Just Another Day On The Kenai

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Drag Free Drifter
Reaction score
Check out this incredible Dollie Varden in fall spawning colors! I caught this 7 pound beauty on the Kenai River, on an egg pattern. (Dollies are very trout like, but technically are a member of the char family, just like brook trout.) I believe their name comes from a Tennessee Williams play... At any rate, this fish was a true battler and a blessing to behold!

Beautiful!

(TB, How do those eat? I love Arctic Char, and that catch looks mighty tasty.)

That's a beauty. Now go catch a brookie like that. :) I guess you have to be in Labrador to do that. Man you are into some serious fun with the flyrod right now. Enjoy and continue to post those photos. :cheers:

puros_bran":sgrnrvkv said:
EPIC FAIL!

Neither the fish nor the fisherman has a pipe. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Oops, PB is right. The S Bang I was smoking got stuffed into my vest when I had to run down the bank in order to keep the fish on. But, I can assure you, immediately upon release of that piscatorial beauty, I promptly lit up and enjoyed a satisfying pipe!

EJinVA":qioxeotl said:
I vote for a BoB convention in Alaska, maybe TB will host???
Let's convene next July. Bring camping gear, a rod and reel, and your favorite pipes and tobaccos. We'll fish for salmon and tell tall tales around the campfire late into the night...

What a dreamtime that would be,smoking pipes and hauling in the big
ones.Shore lunches with fried trout,potatoes and onions.

Winslow :sunny:

EJinVA":jrz8g6oq said:
I vote for a BoB convention in Alaska, maybe TB will host???
We should call the convention a "Zen Wilderness Sabbatical" -- that way we can all get time off from work :twisted:

If they trouble us about it, we cite The First Amendment :lol:

TB your life looks like HELL :affraid: (I"m so friggin jealous)