Just another run-of-the-mill noob

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deviate

Reaction score
Name's Lee from Ft Worth, TX. I'm new to the forum (obviously) and pretty new to pipes in general. Quite addicting obsession, though. I bought my first pipe (Savinelli, cheapie, $50 at a local shop) ~ 3 weeks ago. I'm currently not-so-patiently awaiting my 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th pipes that are all in transit to my doorstep.

My first love, though, is and always will be stuff with an internal-combustion engine bolted to it. My wheeled waste of money right now is an '01 Mustang GT Bullitt, but history dictates that will likely change within the next few months. I'm a service writer for a local independent BMW/Mercedes Benz shop.

I suppose I'll leave it at that for now.

-Lee

Pipes are an internal combustion engine too, if you look at it the right way.

10 pipes are a great start, see what you like and report back and welcome.

Welcome to BoB. There is a lot of great information on this forum. Enjoy!!

Welcome Lee...post some shots of your collection AND the 'Stang if you get a chance!

mike_68":4tj0ohee said:
Welcome Lee...post some shots of your collection AND the 'Stang if you get a chance!
My two Savs:
2012-01-02_22-03-38_975.jpg

The "estate" Jobey I picked up to practice resto on:
2012-01-14_14-16-57_783.jpg

The churchwarden I'm waiting on from HWiebe in Canada:
016-001.jpg

I also have 5 more estates of various makes/models coming in the mail at some point this week and a (regrettable) F.E.S.S. churchwarden that I purchased from a local shop on impulse. Terrible pipe. Money wasted.

The Bullitt:
(day I bought it)
2011-08-22183721.jpg

2011-09-15190837.jpg

Nothing's really been changed on the outside, and the more up-to-date pics are on my home PC anyway... Since buying it I've installed a JLT cold air intake (color-matched to the car), a Dyno Tune Nitrous wet-shot, new TR6 plugs, tuner from Bama, some Hawks in the front calipers, couple other small odds-and-ends. Best time so far in the 1/8th is an 8.6 with a pretty bad 2.02 60'. Rear suspension will be the next project to tackle on it.

I tried to change the pics to URLs given their physical size, but it won't let me post links for 7 days. Sorry about the huge pics, folks.

Briar_Bear":o8m7sicj said:
Sweet 'Stang!! are you a Ford guy?
I'm not a Chevy or Dodge guy, if that counts for anything. I've owned many cars, from many auto makers. Only one Chevy (C5 Z06) and two Dodges (old trucks), though. So if we're speaking specifically of overall number of vehicles owned and the largest percentage of that number being with one automaker, then I suppose you could call me a Ford guy.

Welcome to the Forum, Glad to see ya over here too!