Just arrived here from Florida

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phantom309

Reaction score
Hey there Adam is the real name. I hope that you all will accept me here as I am not a pipe smoker. I was a cigarette smoke for 20+ years, and was actually wanting to get a pipe to smoke on in the evenings when I have my cup of coffee with my wife.

For Christmas this year my brother bought me an e-cigarette, and I've been smoke free for a little over a week now. However, I still want my pipe to smoke in the evenings. I don't want to ruin the fine craftsmanship that goes into a good quality pipe, and I can't afford one of the electronic pipes that are available to buy right now.

My only option is to make one...I have some pecan wood out back and that's what I'm making it out of. I hope that I can put forth the effort to make my own and share it here, anywhere else that maybe interested in seeing it.

I've seen some beautiful pipes that others have made here and that is what inspired me to join. I only hope that I can do as good the others I've seen here, and make it functional for how I need it to work.

Thank you and I look forward to learning from you all.

Hello, Adam. Welcome aboard.
Congratulations on giving up cigarettes. I made the switch to the pipe twice myself.
What makes you think you'll ruin a pipe by smoking it? Do you have giant lobster claws for hands? (If so, pics please :p ) Or are you just worried you'll burn it out while leaning proper technique? If so, why not start with a cob? Yes, they still make them. Yes, serious pipers smoke them. If you were on my front porch right now, I'd force you to take one. It's probably good that you're not, though; that guy never came back. :scratch:

Their is a mass of info here, somebody will have an answer for any questions you may have. I have a lot of respect for your quiting cigs, I will give that a go at the end of the year, I really want to quit. 25+ yrs for me, it"s time. :affraid:

Thank you George, giving up cigarettes is by and far the best thing I ever did, haven't felt this great in a long long time.

I'm sorry I didn't clarify that statement, I don't want ruin a good quality pipe by modifying to be an electronic pipe. One day I might try a tobacco pipe, but right now I'm kind of staying away from the real stuff while learning newer/safer habits.

Lol lobster claws...I like that one, no lobster claws here. I would post pics if I had hands like that though.

Corn cob pipes are so awesome! I'm going to make one eventually, I can see myself getting into pipe making.

Thank you Clay... It has been so painless putting them down with the use of my electronic cigarette. Nicotine in itself isn't really bad for you from what I hear. It's the 3,999 other chemicals in it that make it bad.

The hardest part of quitting is changing your habits and routines. After the new year I'm going to start coming off of the nicotine, and be free of everything.

If you need any help or advice please let me know, it's tough but it can be done.

Heya Adam, welcome to BoB and well done on quitting the cig's, nasty orrible things anyway mate, much better off without those yeuchy things, to get yourself a nice pipe, try buying a cob for now and then putting aside the money you would have spent on cig's in a jar each day, after a few weeks you'll be able to buy yourself a few low-end Briars, then you will be suffering the relentless illness we all suffer from here PAD, which of course will lead onto the secondary illness suffered by folk here TAD, it is inevitable, it's no use trying to fight it, go quietly and enjoy yourself, we'll be watching as your pipe collection grows and your baccy store amount, then you can look back and go "damn, they were right, I am not well". :twisted: :lol:

George Kaplan":7271k58q said:
Hello, Adam. Welcome aboard.
Congratulations on giving up cigarettes. I made the switch to the pipe twice myself.
What makes you think you'll ruin a pipe by smoking it? Do you have giant lobster claws for hands? (If so, pics please :p ) Or are you just worried you'll burn it out while leaning proper technique? If so, why not start with a cob? Yes, they still make them. Yes, serious pipers smoke them. If you were on my front porch right now, I'd force you to take one. It's probably good that you're not, though; that guy never came back. :scratch:
This is the best advice you can get.

Welcome to the BoB.

Bill

Florida huh? I could use some sun and warm at this point. Welcome to BoB from the frozen northern states.

Phantom309":cjgx8zr5 said:
Lol lobster claws...I like that one, no lobster claws here. I would post pics if I had hands like that though.
How could someone with Lobster Claw hands take a picture and post them? Don't lobsters prefer water colors? :joker:

Anyway, welcome!