Just for Fun

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjwmsu

Reaction score
Let's say you are ship wrecked on an island. You have one pipe and an endless supply of only one tobacco. You are stuck there for many years.

What pipe would you want and what tobacco would it be?

Long Golden Flake in a Sara Eltang rhodesian is the combo I can't seem to get enough of right now.

I'll take an Al Fahker large heavy hookah and Tangiers lemon....

Islands have terrible humidity, not optimum conditions for piping.

Bosun CP with my Dunnie pat . Root '44, also Catherine Zeta-Jones to lite it for me! :D :tongue: Ken
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

First of all the pipe would have to have an acrylic stem. Vulcanite would quickly turn grey and sulphur laden in the salt air. Secondly it would have to have a decent sized bowl capacity. Refilling constantly would be a real burden between fishing for dinner and building a hut. Thinking this through I would choose one of my Stanwell shape #30's.

As for tobacco, Navy Flake seems like a good safe choice! :cheers:

I'd have to go with Haddo's and a lucite stemmed Canadian ... the only other possibility would be 1792 Flake.

GL Peace Renaissance and this fancy meer. 8)

fancy_10.jpg

Carlos,does your wife know you own that pipe?
It doesn't look smoked,are you afraid to show it
to her because she'll say "That's all you ever think
about."? :lol:

Winslow :sunny:

Dark Flake, and a good-smoking + (effectively) unbreakable pipe like a Pete 9S, retrofitted w/Lucite stem.

Nope and Yep! If I thought I was going to be stuck on an island with one pipe and one tobacco, I just assumed the wife wouldn't be there either. :lol: Nope haven't ever smoked it. Might someday.

Winslow":apdk7tew said:
Carlos,does your wife know you own that pipe?
It doesn't look smoked,are you afraid to show it
to her because she'll say "That's all you ever think
about."? :lol:

Winslow :sunny:

Justpipes":r2shwfqt said:
Right now, Prince Albert in a Brissett bent billiard.
Change that to my Brissett Poker and I'll give a +1 there.

-Andrew