Just Had Twins!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d4klutz

Reaction score
Our farm has had its first twins born! Our goat, Slick, gave birth to two healthy and fine kids yesterday around 3pm. This is exciting as they are the first to be born on our farm. Unfortunately, they had to be born right before the big cold snap comes through tonight. So, I will be out working to get the birthing shed better protected from the cold sub freezing temps we are supposed to have in the next two nights.

You can see a short video on youtube.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HbzNoWgVr7U" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

If u farm long enought you will see that's how it always happens hottest or coldest day of the year

We have not named them yet. I haven't even really checked to see if they are male or female. Was more concerned about making sure that they are warm and survived last night and the two nights ahead of us. It is supposed to be well below freezing for the next two nights. We have a heat lamp going, stall lined with hay bales, and the outside of the stall lined with tar paper to block the wind even more. They should be fine. However, I will be up every 2 hrs checking on them like I was last night. If I need to go curl up in the hay with them to keep em warm. I will do so :)

I will try to take plenty of photos and video to document their growing up :) It will be fun to look back at in the future.

Hey great news there JP! Congrats buddy! A little bit of joy, right there!

Congratulations! Yuppers, nothing like fresh babies in a cold snap. Good times.............

You handle them enough during this, and you'll have some great pets!

JP you wouldn't believe how envious I am. Hopefully you're on the way to building a nice herd. Goat milk, cheese, and etc. The two new ones are really cute and represent a great beginning. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. Keep us posted. :)

AJ

Congratulations my wife loves it...I do too

As an animal lover I say make them house goats :lol!: :lol!:

My daughter has two as pets and a very nice pen outside for my granddaughters. Extremely friendly :sunny: :sunny:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!