Just joining from Oklahoma City

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I’m pleased to be joining such a fraternity as this. Having read a lot of your posts, I’ve enjoyed the humor, the camaraderie and the wealth of information you all share.
I hope I will be able to add to all of the above.
Pipes have been in my family for over three generations. Vivid memories of my grandfather and uncle, with their pipes, talking and relaxing on the couch after dinner while clouds of Prince Albert smoke rise toward the ceiling are still very fresh in my memory in spite of the passing of at least five decades. Although I do not smoke Prince Albert, a pipe full of tobacco has, in the last few months, become my favorite evening pastime.
Had I realized the therapeutic value of the ritual years ago perhaps I might have avoided chronic hypertension. I’m in my late fifties, happily married, three sons, three grandchildren and only about 17 months from complete and total retirement from the fire service.

I look very much forward to learning from you and sharing with you.

Happy smoking,
Tommy

hobie1dog":kocqygop said:
Welcome Tommy, and yes, I promise to behave myself. :shock:
:sunny: No need my friend! Great to see the first familiar face!! (oh and I couldn't agree with you more concerning "facebook")

For those interested, Tommy is a well respected and enjoyable addition to one of the other pipe forums we are members of. :cheers: