Just Starting

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace6891

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Adrian and I just bought my first pipe about 2 months ago. I've been doing quite a bit of research on how to go about this without ruining the experience before I even have a decent go at it, so i decided to join this forum in hopes of getting some useful tips from experienced smokers. Hope to have a great time here and to make this a life long adventure. :D

Hey Adrian.

I'll offer some advice in just three words: Trial and Error. It took me a few months to find the rhythm of the pipe. And I had help from my local tobacconist. It helps having someone tell you what exactly your errors are and what's causing them.
I also did a lot of research before I actually put the flame to the bowl. All this info on how to properly load the pipe and how to keep it lit... and I never use any of it. Just found my own way and haven't looked back.
So I wish ya the best of luck. Don't get frustrated, and soon you'll be smokin like a chimney. :D

Welcome Dude! Tons o' great info here and you'll start to get the hang of it with a little practice. Remember, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask... 8)

Welcome to the BOB forum!!!!

So, where in Michigan are you located at? If you are in or near Ann Arbor, let me know, maybe we could meet up at Chuck's smoke-shop.

Welcome to B.O.B.!!! :cheers:
You'll like it here for sure. Feel free to ask questions. We have quite of few expert "pipesters" here.

Well your in the right place.. There are some wonderful people here and its loaded with tons of great info.. Google your heart away and save up some good tobacco.. Good to see another Michigander.. S.W. Michigan here..
Chuck.. :bounce: