Just to say "hello"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevScottWatts

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to say "hello" and say how pleased I am to be a 'Brother of the Briar!

I live in the UK and enjoy smoking my pipe. I first smoked a pipe when I was in my late teens, having been influenced by my late, but still much-adored grandfather, who smoked a pipe (often a Falcon). I then had a hiatus and occasionally smoked cigarettes. A few years ago, I went back to the Briar and have never looked back! I discipline myself to a bowl a day but the bowl often lasts upto an hour and is time just for me - total relaxation and contemplation!

It's good to be here and I look forward to interacting with the community.

Scott

Eh up Scott

Welcome to BoB, home of some of the jolliest good natured and informative blokes you'll ever find on a public forum. And you'll also find that there are a goodly few here from Blighty whom will no doubt make their presence known to you directly.

And where do you hail from, if I may be so bold? I've a good few mates scattered around your green and pleasant land.

And so you're a Reverend. We do have a smattering of those of the cloth here. Anglican then?

Welcome again old chap!

Cheers,

RR

Welcome to the Brotherhood! Good to have folks from both sides of the Pond.........

A hearty welcome from Shropshire, Scott!

Looking forward to sharing a bowl. ..

Pip pip!

welcome aboard from another Uk piper from Plymouth.

these guys are fantastic

Andy

Thanks for your lovely welcome. I live in Cambridgeshire, about 20 miles west of Cambridge. And yes, you guessed it - I'm an Anglican Priest. I'm a hospital chaplain and was a hospice chaplain before that. My pipe is a great comfort!

Great to be here and I look forward to much more sharing in the days ahead.

Brewdude":h6ents2n said:
Eh up Scott

Welcome to BoB, home of some of the jolliest good natured and informative blokes you'll ever find on a public forum. And you'll also find that there are a goodly few here from Blighty whom will no doubt make their presence known to you directly.

And where do you hail from, if I may be so bold? I've a good few mates scattered around your green and pleasant land.

And so you're a Reverend. We do have a smattering of those of the cloth here. Anglican then?

Welcome again old chap!

Cheers,

RR

Welcome to the BoB. Glad to have you on board. :)

AJ