Just tried a cob

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumbernater

Reaction score
We were goin through the NC mountains not long ago. My son came out of a soviner shop with a couple corn cob pipes. Not much to them just soviners. Well Ive been reading all the rage about the cobs here and desided to give this thing a try. Well it has simply amazed me. Its a great smoke from the get go. yall were right. This a no frills plain ol corn cob pipe hill billy style.
IMG134.jpg

See, we're not all crazy. There is something to like about Cobs. I keep them in my regular rotation, hopefully now you see why.

Not only do they smoke wonderfully, i'm also not out much if one gets broken, lost, or whatever. And if you take care of them, they can last for YEARS!

Yeah plumber, they are nice.
Ive had 2 pony cobs that I use in my rotation.
and last week, I decided to order 2 more cobs,, a great dane and a diplomat.
I am pretty sure , judging by tilts sticky's , that these 2 new ones will have a larger chamber.

I agree, cobs are cool.

DustyRoundup":6xdftf8v said:
Yeah plumber, they are nice.
Ive had 2 pony cobs that I use in my rotation.
and last week, I decided to order 2 more cobs,, a great dane and a diplomat.
I am pretty sure , judging by tilts sticky's , that these 2 new ones will have a larger chamber.

I agree, cobs are cool.

Yes, both of your new pipes have much more room for tobacco. And both are very nice pipes.

Not sure if Robin at Humidor Pipe Shop has any MM's in stock right now, but sometimes he gets a card display of the larger, thicker walled versions. I especially like the egg shaped Danish style.

I also like the old Aristocob aluminum pipes that can be had on ebay for around $30. What I like about these, is that you can carry one pipe with 2 or 3 interchangeable bowls for a day of hunting or travel, when space is at a premium.

I picked up 6 replaceable cob bowls recently for my Aristocob, and paid around $30 for all 6. Not a bad deal, considering that they have a small metal disc in the bottom of each bowl, which gives them added longevity.

Congrats on the unique addition to your collection! 8)