Kaiser sized Mr. Snuff order

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedumbjerk

Reaction score
:twisted: :twisted:

sorry kaiser, had to pick on yah. :D

just placed a massive order from Mr. Snuff:
1 x Samuel Gawith Apricot 10g
1 x FREE Klik Klak Sampler
1 x Gawith Hoggarth Jockey Club 10g
1 x Gawith Hoggarth Lakeland 10g
1 x Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix 25g
1 x Wilsons Queen Extra Strong 10g
1 x Wilsons Dynamite 5g
2 x Wilsons Coffee Cream 10g
1 x De Kralingse Holandse Bolongaro 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Bon Bon 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Limburgertabak 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Musino Tabak 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Chococreme 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Chocomint 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Macuba 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Mettaijer 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Pompadour 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse Prins Regent 12.5g
1 x De Kralingse A/P Snuiff 25g
1 x De Kralingse Oranje 25g
1 x De Kralingse Peppermunt 25g
1 x Fribourg & Treyer French Carotte 25g
1 x Poschl FC Bayern 10g
1 x Poschl Gawith Apricot 10g
1 x Wilsons Irish HD Toast 21 10g
1 x Wilsons Irish HD Toast 20 10g

that should hold me over for a while, eh? :cheers:

Definitely a monster order.

I think I'm actually going to wait on my order to arrive before ordering more (for a change of pace).

Looking forward to hearing what you think of those.

1 x Samuel Gawith Apricot 10g- Awesome
1 x FREE Klik Klak Sampler- You mean the one for Oliver Twist bits?
1 x Gawith Hoggarth Jockey Club 10g- good
1 x Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix 25g- Epic
2 x Wilsons Coffee Cream 10g- good
1 x De Kralingse Chococreme 12.5g- I have a bunch of it with latakia and it is good, but the lat makes me sneeze
1 x De Kralingse Macuba 12.5g- good
1 x Fribourg & Treyer French Carotte 25g- good
1 x Poschl Gawith Apricot 10g- goodish (spoke on this one previously)

I can't vouch for the others so you'll have to let us know what you think brother. That's a nice big order, congrats. And stop picking on me or I will tell my Mommy. :(

Both of these are good

1 x Wilsons Irish HD Toast 21 10g - Seems a little less dry or fine than #22

1 x Wilsons Irish HD Toast 20 10g - Basically a toasted SP snuff. I like it a lot. Pretty easy to take.

Wilson's Lemon Toast is very good and thee Irish HDT #22 is very good as well.

thanks for the replies. i'll post back once i've tried a few. i get the feeling that we won't be able to get the stuff in a few years. I'm definitely taking your route and stocking up while we can get it. i'll put aside some $ for the next time they have better shipping coupons.
all that was about $107 shipped. and it will last me years.

Careful with the De Kralingse 12.5 gram containers. They are not the best for keeping snuff fresh.

Slide":ws6gkovb said:
Careful with the De Kralingse 12.5 gram containers. They are not the best for keeping snuff fresh.
funny you mention that, i read that somewhere else today when i was trying to figure out what snuff to try first. i'll look into some better storage solutions. thanks!

You can keep the containers in mason jars to keep them fresh - keep like snuffs together to avoid getting apricot in your chocolate :)

so i got the order. MS decided to upgrade my A/P and pepermeuntsnuif (both De Kralingse) to 100g tubs!!! :affraid:

i hope i like those ones!

somedumbjerk":ysqojini said:
so i got the order. MS decided to upgrade my A/P and pepermeuntsnuif (both De Kralingse) to 100g tubs!!! :affraid:

i hope i like those ones!
Sometimes all you can say is, Life Is Good!

Enjoy!

The heavily flavored de Kralingse you need to be careful of, I read on another ....place.... that most makers use a little bit of a preservative but de Kralingse does not and if left out they will...go bad so to speak.

kaiser83":2xiux5no said:
The heavily flavored de Kralingse you need to be careful of, I read on another ....place.... that most makers use a little bit of a preservative but de Kralingse does not and if left out they will...go bad so to speak.
thank you, i had no idea. i'm buying a bunch of boston bottles (more now that i got the tubs)

will that be enough or do they need to be chilled or something?

Nah that should be good. What I read was just to use them as quick as you can because of the no preservatives bit. Who knows it could have been a bunch of wind up the deriare but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I have some with me that is about2 months old now that is doing okay, but I do try to use it the most...although the Gingerbread one is just odd.

kaiser83":hrtaqw5h said:
Nah that should be good. What I read was just to use them as quick as you can because of the no preservatives bit. Who knows it could have been a bunch of wind up the deriare but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I have some with me that is about2 months old now that is doing okay, but I do try to use it the most...although the Gingerbread one is just odd.
I'm pretty sure this only effects a couple of the more moist snuffs.

The preservative normally used is salt.

They use Sodium carbonate to increase the free nicotine. Salt stops the fermentation. If my memory serves me.

On the fermented snuffs some, including Jaap I think, recommended keeping them in the refrigerator or freezer.

Order # 2 arrived today, only took a week. Between the two orders, and kind brothers, I've filled a flat of 12 small mason jars. Gonna have to get more jars, order #3 is just waiting on payday.

I'm Pete and I'm a snuffaluffagus

kaiser83":by9qxxbj said:
Just something I had read on snuffhouse.org
I probably read that one as well.

I've looked into making snuff in the event I have to one day :lol: