Kaywoodie 8783B (1935-1938)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riff raff

Reaction score
I added another vintage Kaywoodie, this one is the oldest on my rack
I've had the Kaywoodie Shape 8783B on my wish list and recently found this "Drinkless grade pipe. The stinger and stamping make it easy to date the pipe to 1935 to 1938. The pipe only needed a mild restoration but the plugged stem took a while to clear and had me worried for a short period. Full details are here:

http://rebornpipes.com/2014/11/05/kaywoodie-8783b-drinkless-1935-1938/

Before

kaywoodie_8783b_drinkless_before.jpg

kaywoodie_8783b_drinkless_before-1.jpg

And After

kaywoodie_8783b_drinkless_gallery.jpg

kaywoodie_8783b_drinkless_finished-2.jpg

Beautiful work. Imagine the stories that pipe could tell if only.

Riff, I can see you really like those short chubby suckers and with good cause.
I've only owned one Kaywoodie and sold it but, caught myself eying a nice
hand made doggie a day or two ago but, talked myself out of it.

Thanks guys, I can't resist a pipe this old and in this shape. A friend said perhaps it was being enjoyed when the original owner heard about events like Pearl Harbor, etc. If only they could talk. I just smoked it for the first time this morning. No disappointments. I like the four-hole draw and it was a one match affair. I decry it a winner!

Chubby looks good ! Especially THAT one !! It cleaned up well, but then it was done by a master !! :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":k2l1fzyi said:
Chubby looks good ! Especially THAT one !! It cleaned up well, but then it was done by a master !! :twisted: :twisted:
You are too kind, but thank you!

RobJ":o8d0lpb8 said:
Beautiful work. Imagine the stories that pipe could tell if only.
My thoughts exactly! A beautiful pipe and a beautiful restoration. Enjoy it with much laughter and happiness.