Kaywoodie Paradox

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronKnight

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have in my collection an antique Kaywoodie "drinkless" small bent pipe. I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice, the pipe does gurgle about once a bowl, no matter what I put in it, how dry I get my mixture, or how slow I puff on it, the stinger does a wonderful job, too good actually. Anyway some of you may be acquainted with these pipes, as the stem is threaded into shank, both what apears to be stainless steel. I was wondering since the fitting of these two parts doesn't rely on friction or a proper fit (since it threads into the shank) if it's safe for me to unscrew this and wipe the stinger down and keep my smoke dry. Thanks in advance guys!

Won't hurt it a bit. As long as you have it apart, you may as well run a pipe cleaner down the shank as well.

Yup, just what Jeff said. Don't hesitate to unscrew the thing and run a pipe cleaner through for good measure. I do all the time.

Awesome. I have been doing that for some time now and haven't noticed any direct issues, however I just wanted to make sure, I appreciate the comments.

IronKnight":xjvw9eji said:
Hi guys, I have in my collection an antique Kaywoodie "drinkless" small bent pipe. I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice, the pipe does gurgle about once a bowl, no matter what I put in it, how dry I get my mixture, or how slow I puff on it, the stinger does a wonderful job, too good actually. Anyway some of you may be acquainted with these pipes, as the stem is threaded into shank, both what apears to be stainless steel. I was wondering since the fitting of these two parts doesn't rely on friction or a proper fit (since it threads into the shank) if it's safe for me to unscrew this and wipe the stinger down and keep my smoke dry. Thanks in advance guys!
I havent smoked a Kaywoodie drinkless for 30 years but do remembe always having a pipe cleaner with me to put down th stem when the pipe started to gurgle. Worked like a champ