Keep me in your prayers please. UPDATE - Thanksgiving day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

I am out of the hospital! It was a rough time there. I was actually in twice. The first time, I was stabilized, stayed the night and got sent home. Then my bp spiked again and I thought I was actually having a heart attack. All the signs were there... numb left arm, chest pain, cold sweats, nausea, etc. This time they kept me a lot longer (over the weekend) I got out earlier this week, but have been practically on bed rest till my doc could get my meds sorted out. I saw him on Wednesday.

Good News is that there is no damage and no problems with my heart! Everything came back with a clean bill of health. The stress test was negative, and all the blood work came back clean.

Bad news is that there is something wrong, just don't know what yet. We know that the flu and a caffeine headache innitially triggered the high BP, but we don't know the underlying cause. The doc is doing some elimination and tests. I am taking my meds *blech*, but I kinda want to be around a bit longer, so I don't have a choice. BP has settled down to around 150/90 which is higher than we would like, but is stable and manageable. I am drinking two liquids... water and 1 cup of coffee per day as I have a serious caffeine addiction. So that staves off the caffeine headache which could trigger a bp spiral like it did the first time. The water is all im drinking otherwise. I know it is good for me, but it is boring. LOL

Anyways, I am slowly regaining my strength. I do not like being weak. Also, I am not used to being babied and not allowed to do anything. I tried to carry in some gallons of milk and my wife wouldn't let me. So, I am trying to appease the one who must be obeyed, as I know she got a HUGE scare. I know that she was more scared than I was. So, I'll keep her happy and make the 17 yr old do all the hard labor for a bit longer. LOL

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts. I know that they worked. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I have had one. I am truly thankful today!

Glad you're out of the horse-pistle JP, and on the road to recovery. Thanks for the update and keep on getting back to normal. Go easy and go forward. You'll lick this thing yet!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Thanks for all the well wishes. Things are about back to normal. BP has settled in a tad high, but physically, i am back to doing the things I need to do. I have been able to respond to calls for the fire department again, as well as be active again in my church. I will update after I visit with my doc on Wednesday.

BTW, I am all caught up on messages and shipments. If I have missed anyone who has pm'd me, please message me again. I will respond as soon as I can.

Glad your back on your feet. Believe me, I totally know and understand what you've been going through. Tomorrow I get to spend my day in a hospital with TWO different doctors and more tests. Getting older is one thing, but getting ill is something I did not expect. I wish you all the best and may the coming New Year bring you HEALTH and HAPPINESS.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Good to hear you're back on track JP old chap. Had us fretting for a while mate!

Keep us posted as things progress.

Pip pip.

Stick.