Kennedys All American?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the macdonald

Reaction score
One of these new fangled ole time-ie membership barbers clubs opened up near my office. Does anyone know how much the memberships are?

If you fill out the membership application an agent will contact you for an appointment.

Wtf is that???? Lol

Oh I could shave you too..

As long as you like Proraso and want it all gone we are good. or all gone except the stache..

It's like "market price" on a menu. It means EXPENSIVE.

It sounds like a gym membership, where they can actually charge you what they want, but you have to put yourself into a hard sell situation. As far as the contract goes, you normally cant just quit, because it is worded suchly: When you sign up, they are (legally speaking) loaning you the money for the membership for the full term of the contract. You have already paid for the services using this loan, and you just owe them the money in monthly installments. Smart for making a buck, but POOR customer service. These guys have really tenacious collections departments too.

I actually have an honest to god barber that gives me great haircuts. He is reasonably priced($15, 10 for first timers) and it is one of those good experiences every time. Best part is, the guy is about 35, so he has a career ahead of him, so barring something going wrong, I dont have to worry about finding a new guy until the two of us retire around the same age, when i dont have any hair left anyway.

My guy's 2 blocks from my house, old as the bricks in the street, and charges about as much as Jefe's. He only knows 3 haircuts, (two for white guys, one for black guys) but they all look damn good considering he's legally blind!

Got really lucky while looking at their site and ended up at their youtube channel and watched the short video about them setting aside a day purely to tend to veterans. In the video it shows 3 packages -- Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Their prices are $120, $90, and $60 respectively.... oh, yearly you ask? NOPE, PER MONTH!! That's a bit too rich for my blood.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SDrHPNpRFF8" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the macdonald":o0xzpu75 said:
One of these new fangled ole time-ie membership barbers clubs opened up near my office. Does anyone know how much the memberships are?
Why bother ? Just go to the APP Store, I'm sure they have an APP for haircuts. We live in a virtual world ya know :p

monbla256":n93zm5ob said:
the macdonald":n93zm5ob said:
Why bother ? Just go to the APP Store, I'm sure they have an APP for haircuts. We live in a virtual world ya know :p
Maybe it is the death defying day I've had so far, termanal brake failure in 72 caddy, AKA the Scottish Longboat, or my own age showing, but I just spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what A.P.P. stood for. Maybe I should check in to the local town barber for some reality.

jefe1037":20ak48wo said:
72 Caddy? Those have the hand crank armbreaker in front to start them right?
No crank on the Mac D'Ville. It's a 472, just a little shy of the 500ci of the El D. I imagine it would take some manlier man than me to start that block spinning by hand. Mine is sumatrian green, sort of emerald in the fog, or lime if you will, and has a voodoo-ish mask (fangs and crazy eyes) on the front grill, in case there is another lime green caddy that smells like Latakia and cigars in the parking lot.

It runs like champ, but the brake lines, and master cylinder (the latest isssue) are showing their age.

jefe1037":q3rg7jt0 said:
Dont sell yourself short... that is a 472 ci not cc..... DETROIT!!!
Great Barry White! What the hell was I thinking! I know better than that. I'm blaming the Mojitos on that slip.

Just a little update. Curiosity got the best of me and I finally went into the local franchise of Kennedy's. Not having any social grace I walked in and said," how much for a haircut?"

The cleavage at the front desk said,” forty-five dollars"

I stared for a little bit.

The cleavage said, probably to break an uncomfortable to her silence,” would you like a free one?"

"a haircut?" I enquired. You can never be to careful in business.

"Yes," she said.

I got a haircut from another woman also blessed by a generous god. It was a great experience, cut, straight razor shave around the ears, scalp massage, wash and generally pampered...and not a hair single stray hair left on me after. The barber knew her craft well. I have had plenty of old school barber cuts and know a professional when I see one. I got several compliments on the haircut, something I have never experienced before.

So I signed up. It is convenient as hell for me. I need to look sharp for work and there is a little networking opportunity in the "club" for me so I might write off the membership and could probably expense it if I pressed the issue.