Kicked my arse!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
C&D #1 and #3 Burley flake!

Rubbed and dried it out a bit. Burned fine and tasted great. Gave me the hiccups after 1/2 bowl. Only high Nic blends do this. Wasn't smoking too fast either. Had to put it down for a while and regroup. Finished each bowl though.

Hate getting that feeling and especially the hookers (as my late Pap called them). Bugger to get rid of.

Really wound up after the #1. Didn't get the shakes/sweats fortunately.

I don't inhale, apart from the nose exhale thing which I do regularly.

Anyone else get this from these? I like the flavor but not the kick.

:scratch:

Cheers,

RR

Nope, never had a hooker give me hiccups. :D

:lol!:

Seriously, no. I've never had that happen, but then I haven't tried either of those two blends. Those might be something to sample at some point in the future though, mostly out of curiosity...

I have had the burley #3 and thought it tasted good but it was very strong. I have a decent tolerance for the Vit N but it was still a bit overwhelming, too strong to be a regular smoke for me at this point.

My last experience with a strong burley had my head spinning like a top and oddly enough carried over into the next morning where i had a not so satisfying and or pleasant trip to the bog.

Solani Aged Burley Flake has never done me wrong. Most others i just don't mess with.

3 & 4 are currently in my rotation. 4 has been for quite some time. Both have a good nic kick but I'm pretty imune it. It relaxes me. Never tried 1 & 2.

4 to me is one of the best damned Burley blends on the planet. Others will say 3 is.

OJK will make my head spin on occasion, I don't remember Burely Flake #1 being all that bad, but I only smoked a few bowls of it before I traded it away. Never tried any of the others.

I hasten to add that not many pipe weeds wind me up these days. Even Peterson's Irish Flake isn't all that.

Well, with the exception of SG Brown rope. That stuff is dangerous!

:affraid:

I'll have to try and slow down my puffing speed on the C&D BF's in the future. Really like the flavor profile.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":d4tu0k8h said:
...SG Brown rope. That stuff is dangerous!
I wasn't a fan. It kicked me right in the teeth when I tried it some months ago and I've been leery to do it again... :|

Brewdude":xop655fg said:
I don't inhale, apart from the nose exhale thing which I do regularly.

Anyone else get this from these? I like the flavor but not the kick.

:scratch:

Cheers,

RR
while it may be a difficult habit to break, if you stop exhaling through your nose you may notice a marked improvement in your ability to smoke high nic blends. the nasal cavity/sinuses do a pretty good job of absorbing things straight into the bloodstream, and it might help to refrain from this habit when smoking high nic blends

nogbert":x0le3ceu said:
while it may be a difficult habit to break, if you stop exhaling through your nose you may notice a marked improvement in your ability to smoke high nic blends. the nasal cavity/sinuses do a pretty good job of absorbing things straight into the bloodstream, and it might help to refrain from this habit when smoking high nic blends
That's a really good point. However, reducing my flavor/aroma senses AND not making my head spin? What's the fun in that? :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: :lol:

I'll add to this advice via the quick, lightly snotty, enigmatic, sage-like, status quo Internet method:

"Smoke a smaller pipe." :lol:

8)

I am doing a bowl of No 4 as I type. I just hiccuped and there are invisible flys buzzing around my head. Is my arse getting kicked? I don't think so. It feels great! No 4 is great tobbaco!!

The last of the C&D Burley flakes I tried was the #3. I smoked it in a rather large, low wide bowl and it just didn't seem to work in that shape very well. So being disappointed by the experience I stuffed a bunch into a favorite straight apple. Much better...til about half way through. Medic! Medic! :pale:

Oops! I meant to title this post..."Burley Smoking Error #3".

There are some parts of the next few hours I remember fondly however...like not dying. :drunken:

Most C&D burley blends are of a decent nic content. Flakes #2 and #3 are my favorites, and they don't bother me. Most often hiccups are caused by a pH balance problem in the diaphragm. Take a bite of a lemon wedge and it usually stops them. Bartenders world wide know that one.

Blackhorse":xarndtgu said:
The last of the C&D Burley flakes I tried was the #3. I smoked it in a rather large, low wide bowl and it just didn't seem to work in that shape very well. So being disappointed by the experience I stuffed a bunch into a favorite straight apple. Much better...til about half way through. Medic! Medic! :pale:

Oops! I meant to title this post..."Burley Smoking Error #3".

There are some parts of the next few hours I remember fondly however...like not dying. :drunken:
AHA! Now I remember-----it was YOU who sent me the C&D #1 and #3.

If it winds you up just think what it does to my poor old skinny arse!

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR