Kiribi lighters?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife bought me an old boy for a Christmas present. I'm too sentimental to take it out of my man cave lest I lose it, so I bought a Kiribi. It's a great lighter and I second what has been said. Quality workmanship ad big fuel tank. You'll be very happy with one!

My soft flame lighters are made by Diamond Match Company. Anything more permanent than that scares me. As well as I do managing pipes and tobaccos, which requires a fair effort, I will misplace a lighter on the first use. One of my many faults.

Update.

Had some issues - the hinge screw backed out, and I buggered it a bit getting it back in. Between the incredibly small screw size, and the relatively high pressure the underlying spring is that pushes on it - the screw got a little chewed. The other day, the flint spring shot out and went into a dash vent and is gone.

E-mailed Smoking pipes (who appear to be owned by the holding company that is also the distributor of Kiribi in the US) - no problem. Mail it back and they will take care of it.

I hope/assume that means under the warranty.

If it goes smoothly, I'll be very happy.

Bummer about your Kiribi issues. Hopefully Smokingpipes comes through for you on the repair and doesn't charge you for it.

I hadn't realized there was a reply here. The forum software randomly marks threads read, and they don't come up as "new posts".

Thought about it with the spat of PDC threads, and realized I could update.

Sent it in to Laudisi Dist. Group with my email chain describing the problem, they replaced the parts, sent it back. They didn't contact me at all.

DireWolf":vu9q0fza said:
I hadn't realized there was a reply here.  The forum software randomly marks threads read, and they don't come up as "new posts".

Thought about it with the spat of PDC threads, and realized I could update.

Sent it in to Laudisi Dist. Group with my email chain describing the problem, they replaced the parts, sent it back.  They didn't contact me at all.
So good service from them overall?