Knife/pipe/tamper Combos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Certainly the most generous brother I've 'met' in my lifetime (here, BTW) gifted me a number of billets of fine Damascus Steel...and quite a number of other things. So, of course, I'm well on my way to becomming a master bladesmith! lol

Seriously...I'm about half done with what I call a 'triple-triple'. At some point after the first of the year I'll show pictures, but for now here's a quick verbal...

1) The Wizard's Cyclone Set - a truely massive full tang damascus dagger with faux Impala scales carved from Black Walnut...matching spiral carved pipe of Black Walnut...forged damascus tamper 'nail'. Carved scabbard of Black Walnut, White Oak, Gabbon Ebony and Carbon Fiber.

2) Mirkwood Elf's Set - a hidden tang Nordic blade by Lauri, progressive temper, with handle of Ebony, Incised Reindeer Antler Roll and Plateaux Briar (spacers of brass shimstock and black paper micarta)...pipe carved from fine Plareaux Briar, carved tortoise stem/tamper of carved Oak and brass. Tradiitional fitted fine leather sheath.

3) Cave of Wonders Set (see, ain't this FUN?) - a full tang damascus Persian with carved Gabon Ebony scales/pipe TBD/tamper of forged damascus.

I'm currently about 80% done with more than half the pieces in this spread. I'll post photos of pieces as they are completed. The Elf's Blade is the closest...needing only the design and fabrication of the belt hanger for the sheath. Next is likely the Wizard's Spiral Pipe...which really only needs final sanding.

I imagine these will play out into early Spring.

...another photo essay brought to you by Blackhorse Productions.

Blackhorse":d82by4c4 said:
I'll show pictures, but for now here's a quick verbal...
Looking forward to seeing pictures of all of these!

Based on the descriptions they sound like stellar pieces of work. I too am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Think you might post some process photos for us to enjoy? :D

These sound amazing. In my earlier years I was quite the custom knife buff... KAD was terrible. :lol:

This sounds very neat. I don't collect knives and the like, but I'd love to see a "Chef Set," a fine knife with a matching cook-pipe and ladle tamper. :lol:

Along with the others, awaiting pictures. 8)