Kudos to Coastie3202

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to publicly acknowledge the fine work Coastie3202 (John) recently did on several of my pipes.

These were 2 Pete's that I've held off on breaking in due to one having a bowl coating which I dislike (a Sherlock Holmes Hopkins Cherrywood), and the other had been dip stained so the inside of the bowl had stain (a Kapp Royal 80S).

John removed all that offending material, and even polished up both with carnuba, and even shined up the vulcanite stem on the Hopkins. He was very careful in removing the bowl coating as well as the dip stain.

Too bad Peterson doesn't see fit to attend to this detail. They're both very nice pipes otherwise. Now I can finally break these in as I normally do.

John recently did a crack-up job on a special order Pete which involved removing a lacquer finish and staining, plus all the other sanding and buffing - as well as removing the bowl coating. That one is now better than it came from Peterson!

All to say, Coastie3202 (John) is a highly competent pipesmith and I would not hesitate to send any work you may have to him.

thumbs.gif

Cheers,

RR

coastie is an upright guy who does a lot of stuff for guys on the forums and has been a good guy with repairs and rustification.. its a pleasure to know him.. Mark

Good to know. Coastie has always shown some outstanding work. Good to have this competent brother on board.
Thanks for sharing!

I hasten to add that a few weeks ago Coastie (John) performed some more of his magic on several other pipes that required a bowl coating removal. And he did a terrific job as always!

:cheers: 

Cheers,

RR