Kyle Weiss is the man!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarMyFriend

Reaction score
Kyle was kind enough to send me a BoB care package with a whole lot of goodies in it. He spoiled the hell outta me with 2 pipes, (A Dr. Grabow Lark ((His first Pipe)), and a very ornate derby metal covered pipe), a buncha' tobacco, some Cornell & Diehls Junkyard Dawg, some Premium Aromatic Town Topic, some Stone Haven, some Boswel Maple Leaf, some Boswell No Bite DeLite, some Briar Fox, and some Butternut Burley. I also got a hunk of briar, and a stem to carve out my very first pipe, along with a Pipe crafting at home book. That meant so much, and I really appreciate it. He told me he wanted to send me a box o' goodies, and I almost didn't let him, but I'm glad I did. So because of this BoB spirit, I joined BH's monthly Bombing. I can't wait to pay it forward to other pipe smokers. Thanks a whole lot Kyle!!! This is awesome... (I cleaned up the derby a tad...)
Zach

Ain't he awesome?

Good for you man! Kyle's had quite the presence here since he joined and I sure am glad to count myself along his side here.

Kyle Weiss is a man! I think... :p

Great gift from a great guy! That PIMO book sure can come in handy. ;)

Sheesh. This must be rag on Kyle week. Sorry Kyle! I tease because I care!

Well, now I know what to take out of the box I putting together for your birthday. :p Way to beat me to the punch, Kyle! But seriously, kudos to your generosity, Kyle, and enjoy that awesome haul, Zach.

I have had so much fun, Smelling tobacco, cleaning up the pipes, dreaming up my PIPE!!!!! This makes me so excited for the first monthly bombing! I wanna spoil the hell outta someone like he did me. I might even start collecting items now! Later on, I'm gonna go out and try some of that butternut burley!!! I just gotta Savinelli but, I'm in love with that derby pipe right now, it's just gorgeous! There was a patina on that bad boy, but I scrubbed it up, and polished the stem and bowl, reamed it out, and it's ready to smoke. I'm just so shocked at the closeness of this Pipe smoking community! It's awesome! I can't wait to become a bigger part of that.
Zach

I am enjoying everything... that butternut burley is fantastic! I smoked it outta my Grabow starfire while picking a bit on my guitar outdoors, perfect night, perfect tobacco! Loved it. And the only thing that the pipe says on the bottom, is Sterling. Handsome pipe though huh?
Zach

:cheers: Glad you're alright with the haul, dude. Most of the guys around here get rubber nipples and mullet wigs, because I don't have a lot to impress them. :lol:

I managed to procure two PIMO books, and unless I drank too much, figured I only needed one. It goes above and beyond in approach and method, and coupled with some ingenuity and confidence, I'm sure you'll make that Tinsky kit shine. :)

May Lloyd's Grabow do you well--it seems odd to give away one's first pipe, but (as I'll tell the guys the same thing I told you, Zach) pipes only fulfill half their purpose if they just sit on the shelf. When I was 17, it was a fine pipe. Lightweight, honest, and tough--kind of like me at the time. :lol: It deserves to be with someone who will appreciate it, kind of how it found its way to me.

Zach's a cool dude and I think the younger generation needs to find out what generosity exists in our Brotherly halls (hauls?) :lol:

8)

That's as messed up as the first time I heard Jeff Gordon announced as an 'elder statesman' of NASCAR.

Kyle,

you embody everything good about this place but I wont tell anyone. Your secret is safe with me

xoxo,

Hater

More schtick than you can shake a schtick at, Way to go Kyle. :cheers:

Looks like a really piece of briar too. Looking forward to seeing what you make of it.

(Very cool Kyle, good on you man.)