Laguiole Pipe Tool

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
My other decent pipe tool came apart so .......... this is the one I chose to replace it.....

11070217693_ed3fb50ce8_o.jpg

11070150216_ae90b6c22d_o.jpg

Lovely. I'm a big fan of their knives and wine tools, somehow I missed the fact that they make pipe tools as well!

I REALLY like the looks of that! ... I'll have to take a closer look at those ... thanks.

That's the exact model I selected, the marbled horn, just beautiful!

Enjoy it!

Now that's a pipe tool I'd be proud to use.
Shame it probably costs more then any pipe have right now. LOL!

Cool the way the hand file work on the back used to incorperate pipe shapes. Looks like quality piece.

That's are mighty fine looking pipe tool. I've been trying to resist temptation for a while on one of those but I expect that won't last much longer.

That's one FINE pipe tool! I have a cork puller they made that was my fathers and it's over 30 yo and is a beautiful piece of work!! Damn nice :p 

I own a Laguiole pocket knife that I love.
I had no idea the make a tool.
I'm gonna go find it

Beautiful pipe knife. I use a Rogers. May not be as pretty as yours but it sure gets the job done.
I've heard nothing but good about the company that made yours. Enjoy!

I've been looking at those for awhile now. They are impressive looking. How is the functionality on it? Does it hold an edge? Is the tamp functional? More importantly for myself is it sturdy? It would end up in my pocket every day, and durability is key for me.

I have a Laguiole en Aubrac (or however it's spelled). It is by far the prettiest pocket knife I own. However, the blade when closed hits the spring. The blade also doesn't "center" when closed. What's up with that? I am no knife expert, but those two things alone suggest inferior design and/or workmanship. What's the point of sharpening a knife if the blade hits the spring? You can actually see the resting spot on the edge. Am I wrong in thinking like this?

Oh, by the way, great looking pipe tool, Banjo. Some things are worth buying regardless of cost. I'd say that's one of them.

I have been looking at these for awhile. I found some but they were quite high price wise. Where did you get it?