Lakeland Dark too dry question?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteelyJ

Reaction score
I'm suspecting I got a bad tin, got it a couple months back and went to open it today and the lid came off way too easily. The tobacco is super dry. Anyone who's had this, it's not supposed to come bone dry is it? I packed a bowl anyway and after a few puffs put it out, burned too hot and was too bitter.

Thinking I'll contact SmokingPipes and see if they'll send me another tin.

I've not had a tin of that that was dry, but plenty of popped rectangle tins from vendor's shelves that were delivered. A few I got from a hole in the wall B&M come to mind. Lids came off with ease, and when scaled had lost almost half or more than half the expected weights. I turned a 'freshly opened' 50 gram tin into snuff by rolling it between my fingers. The contents weighed about 28 grams when I checked.

Smoking Pipes will make it right. No worries!

WWP

NOPE, that should not be for sure! I’ve enjoyed that blend many times. Seems your tin lost it’s original seal. Happens often with many rectangular tins, I’ve personally have had issues with prior. Smokingpipes will make it right, always do.

Follow Up: SmokingPipes sent a new tin and it arrived today, but unfortunately it arrived in the same condition. The lid popped off right in my hand and the tobacco was dry and crispy. I sent them another e-mail but I don't know what they will do with this one.

WandererOfWeirdPaths":crsdtd3f said:
Follow Up: SmokingPipes sent a new tin and it arrived today, but unfortunately it arrived in the same condition. The lid popped off right in my hand and the tobacco was dry and crispy. I sent them another e-mail but I don't know what they will do with this one.
I got a tin of Lakeland Dark from them just today. I just checked it out and it is sealed good. I pulled on the lid, all good. I'd say it's just a double case of bad luck. Very strange... I'm sure they will make it right.

They are cool. Sending me another one and making sure the lid is sealed correctly!

You could do the bowl in a bowl trick. Get a small and a large bowl. Set the open tin in the small bowl. Pour (ideally distilled or bottled) water into the big bowl. Just an inch or so. Set the small bowl inside the big bowl and cover it tight. The dry tobacco will absorb water from the air. Check it fairly often as it can get too moist. Then let it dry a bit.

I could try that too, but I tossed the bad tins. That stuff was so dry it was crispy. I wonder if rehydrated the flavor profile is still off?