Lane RLP-6

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
Not being a noob to the pipe, I have smoked my fair share of flakes, English blends, etc. Now I am starting to fall into the "old codger" habit of just primarily smoking one tobacco. I have found my preferred all day smoke to be Lane's RLP-6. It seems to suit my needs.

Any other smokers of this blend out there?

Bill, that is pretty much CB-white, isn't it? My neighbor smokes nothing but that. I smoke it on occasion but my regular daily smoke has become Walnut and occasionally I will spend a day with Carter Hall.

Thanks for the recommendation, Bill. I've also been smoking a pipe for about 40 years, usually trying different blends and having dozens of tins and pouches open at a time. I've always avoided Lane tobacco because for the bad rap everyone gives it and Captain Black never tasted right to me. I recently picked up a few ounces of RLP-6 and 1Q. I like them both a lot. I won't give up on English blends and other natural blends, but I think I'm going to stock up on one of the Lane blends for an everyday smoke. I found out long ago, tobacco with latakia in it is so much better if you don't over due smoking it. Kind of like a steak. I love a big, thick, juicy steak, but if I had it every day, I'd get tired of it.

RLP-6 isn't bad. I've usually got a small stash of it around somewhere.

As of late, my all-day smoke is a mix of three Lane Limited tobaccos: 1/2 1Q, 1/4 BCA, and 1/4 Burley Lite. For some reason, this just seems to hit the spot.

Hunter5117":dssg2k1n said:
Bill, that is pretty much CB-white, isn't it? My neighbor smokes nothing but that. I smoke it on occasion but my regular daily smoke has become Walnut and occasionally I will spend a day with Carter Hall.
RLP-6 and Captain Black White are quite a bit different, although they share some similarities in flavor. RLP-6 is rough cut, is made with better leaf, has less flavoring and a halluva lot less humectant. I personally think Captain Black White is unsmokable.