Large smooth meerschaum

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmntd_1

Reaction score
This pipe was made to order by Fikri Baki through Best Meerschaum’s, the bowl is 4” deep x 2” wide, with 6” meer shank and 4" cumberland bit.

perspective-1.jpg

Hey Tim,

I like meerschaum pipes, and can only imagine that they’d have to smoke better than those… um… freehand pipes you started with.

Fikri Baki is a class act along with Deniz Ural the owner of Bestmeerschaums.I've got 3 Baki
pipes and they are of the first class.I hope that deep chamber smokes well for you,you are going
to have to have a long pick to work that pipe.The tobacco may get so wet that it won't burn well
when you get past mid-bowl?There seems to be an optimum depth with a tobacco chamber and
that pipe breaks some new ground.Hope it works for you.Let us know. 8)

Winslow :sunny:

I smoked a bowl in it yesterday and one today, letting rest about three times each day, it smokes fine, didn’t have any trouble with moisture. Only thing I don’t like about new Meer pipes, waiting for them to start coloring.

Nice meer. I've never seen a meer with a cumberland bit. Amber yes (the norm). Great brandy/egg shape also..