Larsen Straight Grain

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Romijn

Reaction score
Last Saturday I received a package in the mailbox. I was stunned when I opened it, inside there was an awesome Handmade Larsen straight grain.
The pipe was sent to me as a gift by someone I helped selling a collection of pipes.
What a gift.....
I think it's made before 1963 cause it's stamped Larsen Copenhagen instead of W.O.Larsen. Any Ideas about who could have made this one ?
Today I've pollished the stem and made some pics:

LarsenSG1.jpg

LarsenSG2.jpg

i'm no help (typical!), but thanks for sharing the pics. it's a beauty.

Beautiful! I bet it has some nice bird’s eyes on top.
Congratulations! :cheers:

Some of the tightest grain I've see in quite some time!!!!
Very nice indeed Martin!

alfredo_buscatti":1arnapvv said:
Great grain-what else can be said-I bet that pipe would retail ~$1000.00.
WOW AB, that much, I'm Impressed!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Martin Romijn":fc98ioiv said:
Last Saturday I received a package in the mailbox. I was stunned when I opened it, inside there was an awesome Handmade Larsen straight grain.
The pipe was sent to me as a gift by someone I helped selling a collection of pipes.
What a gift.....
I think it's made before 1963 cause it's stamped Larsen Copenhagen instead of W.O.Larsen. Any Ideas about who could have made this one ?
Today I've pollished the stem and made some pics:

LarsenSG1.jpg

LarsenSG2.jpg
That pipe MIGHT be, and that's a strong "might", be a Former. Hans is a good friend of mine, and if you have a difficult time getting in touch with him I'd be happy to send him an email.

My thoughts are if he didn't carve it, he would have a good idea who did.

PM me if you're interested, I don't come here that often to post, but I will make a point of checking in over the next few weeks to look for a response from you expressing interest.

My other guess would be an early Teddy?... I could be wrong, but those are the two carvers it reminds me of- based on their early work.

Kind regards,

SG

Those dutchmen have all the luck!! 8)

beautiful pipe Martin! enjoy!