Lat blends in a cob

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxerbuddy

Reaction score
Normally I'm not a huge fan of lat although I do enjoy the occasional english. I decided to try some mm965 in my little MM legend....and wow, it was great. What a different experience this blend was out of a cob. I could really pick up the sweetness of the virginias along with the lat tatse and I really enjoyed it.

I think I gotta get more cobs...maybe it'll open up a whole new world of tobacco for me besides my Va/VaPers and burley blends. I need to try more englishs out of this little thing

Pretty amazing for a $5.00 pipe, isn't it. You should try those same blends in some of MM's larger cobs too. You will be surprised by the experience.

I quite enjoy Frog Morton in a MM Country Gent. Magnum Opus is good in one, too. Although the latakia content is less than 965, Dunhill EMP is fantastic in a Legend cob. The frankincense aromas really come through.

Actually, I can't think of any tobacco I've tried that didn't do well in a cob.

Smoked 3 bowls of 965 in my Country Gent today! :D I sipped one bowl for 50 minutes and it really tasted great and smoked cool. Good blend in a good pipe.

Interesting.

I love my cobs. Im not a huge fan of many lat blends, but there are a few i realy enjoy from time to time.

I've never been able to enjoy latakia in a cob though, at least not as much as in a briar. Something about the cob taste seems to only realy work for me with burleys and virginias and the occassional aro-ishy type stuff, and something about the lat experience seems to only work with the briar taste for me. Perique and orientals never seems to be quite exactly right in a cob to me either for whatever reason.

A sweetish or clean burley or virginias on a steamy summer afternoon seems to work real well in cobs to me though, and a pinch of lat weed in a 30s era bbb bulldog in the wee hours of a cool an still night is great too. For reasons not entirly clear to me though, the cob/lat combo doesnt work. Its something i havent quite been able to put my finger on, and it stirs my curiousity a bit.

Well, I'm fairly new to latakia's, and I was using a cob for them.
I decided yesterday, that i would dedicate a briar to the Lat's.

Yuk ! LOL, It may be because my lat cob is a "pony" with a smallish chamber, and the briar has a larger chamber, i dont know, but wow, the words ive seen on here came to mind,,,," Lat Bomb" !
Too much for me,,so, I'm going to have to stick with the pony cob for Lat's,,because I actually like it in that cob.