lat-gar

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
Pipes and Cigars is advertising a new cigar named Spectre made with some latakia in the mix.

Sound like a good idea?

I have to say I would be curious to try one of these. Probably would want to store it in a humidor though. I could see all the cigars taking on a smokey flavor!

40 years ago, I learned that the common ingredient in blends I didn't like was Latakia ... no disrespect to the many smokers who DO like it ... individual taste is, well ... individual.

I saw the email from P&C ... also noted that these Lat cigars are rather pricey ... so, not buying these cigars will also save me $$ ...

Sounds like it could be interesting. It also sounds like it could be a bit overwhelming. Drew Estate makes a a cigar called the Kentucky Fire Cured or KFC. It's not bad, but I find it a little one note. The "fire curing" washes out the natural flavor of the cigar tobacco in my opinion.

I have tried these and I must admit that I enjoyed them. The only downside is that they are a short filler cigar. The flavor of the latakia blends very well and imparts a slight smokey-creamy hint to the smoke. If you like cigars and you like latakia you should try them.

MisterE":ttgy2po7 said:
If they came up with a PerGar (Perique) I might actually join the haughty ranks of cigardom.  :lol: 
I believe drew estate makes a cigar that has leaves from "St. James Parrish." Or at least I think I remember reading a description as such. We all know that means Perique.

Now if I could only remember what cigar it was... :scratch: 

Ocelot55":6hqqwil4 said:
MisterE":6hqqwil4 said:
If they came up with a PerGar (Perique) I might actually join the haughty ranks of cigardom.  :lol: 
I believe drew estate makes a cigar that has leaves from "St. James Parrish." Or at least I think I remember reading a description as such. We all know that means Perique.

Now if I could only remember what cigar it was... :scratch: 
The Naturals line from Drew Estate is what you're thinking. For a "flavored, but not flavored" cigar, they're actually not too bad. Could do without the sweetened tip too. I remember the first one I tried was a Dirt Torpedo, and I was like, "This tastes strangely familiar, but not from a cigar" Got to reading the blend descriptions on the web and viola...St. James Parrish made sense!