Late-night pipe smoking locales

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am a garage smoker, and I use two heaters (one forced air electric, one radiant). They tend to do the job unless it drops below 30 degrees outside. Sadly, that seems to be the trend these days. I'll have to look into the electric socks, Drums. What tends to be worse than cold for me is 100+ degree days in the summer. I've been thinking of getting a window air conditioner for the garage, and depending on the way our summer shapes up, this might be the year. Bless the Midwest.

Trifecta13":zm1cxhzv said:
What tends to be worse than cold for me is 100+ degree days in the summer. I've been thinking of getting a window air conditioner for the garage, and depending on the way our summer shapes up, this might be the year. Bless the Midwest.
I agree Trifecta. You can always try to warm up, cooling down is a whole other battle. When we hit the high 90's and into triple digits here in Northern Ca, which is pretty much every summer, my desire to have a pipe withers greatly.

DrumsAndBeer":v0oir915 said:
Trifecta13":v0oir915 said:
What tends to be worse than cold for me is 100+ degree days in the summer. I've been thinking of getting a window air conditioner for the garage, and depending on the way our summer shapes up, this might be the year. Bless the Midwest.
I agree Trifecta. You can always try to warm up, cooling down is a whole other battle. When we hit the high 90's and into triple digits here in Northern Ca, which is pretty much every summer, my desire to have a pipe withers greatly.
It doesn't get quite so bad down here as by you guys, but it's been in the 100s a few summers since I moved here for college (10 yrs ago!). I don't think this past year was a good example of a hot summer, but it was the first one for me smoking a pipe. I must say I don't mind it being warm in the garage, but I can't handle it when the air is still and hot. Fortunately I can open the side door to the garage and run a fan and it'll cool down somewhat.

But it's still winter! I'm still struggling with the "cold" here and didn't smoke last night. I may switch to smoking during the day after lunch at work or something. :sunny: