Latest incredible JinHao - the 9019.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Buy it for $14 from the big A and get it tomorrow or wait a few weeks and pay $8! It’s BIG. It has a giant sized ink converter. The reviews are solidly encouraging, but then sometimes they’re like that. Do yourself a favor and google “jinhao 9019” and check out a few reviews. I ordered the Olive Green one with the heartbeat nib (cool?) and will pair it with some Monteverde Olivine ink.

IMG_7705.jpeg

IMG_7713.png

IMG_7712.png

I really like the style of that Lamy!

I never owned anything other than workhorse fountains: Schaeffer, Parker, Cross, and Waterman pens using cartridges. I did have a chrome Schaeffer with a smoothly sculpted nib for +/-20 years but dropped it and split the nib. It wasn't worth repairing. I still have a Waterman and a Cross with refillable cartridges and a pot of ink but rarely use them.

As a horticulturist I do not often have need for a good pen, a pencil is much more effective for my field books. I still prefer a wooden #2 HB Dixon Tri-Conderoga, mechanical pencils are too fiddly for me. I often have to take notes wearing light gloves and the triangular shape means I can still write legibly.

Last edited: