Latest order from Mr. Snuff

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered some snuff from MrSnuff last week. I have never tried it before, So, i figured I would give it a whirl

1 x Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix 25g
1 x Wilsons Sandalwood 5g
2 x Wilsons Crumbs of Comfort 5g
1 x Rockit Ice Cool 10g
1 x Wilsons Vanilla 5g

I know it is probably a weird order. One of my favorite scents is sandalwood/ vanilla. Figured I would try it out. Kaiser recommended Morlaix. I saw lots of good reviews on Crumbs of Comfort. And, i wanted to try a mild menthol (which it appeared Ice Cool) was. If I don't like it, I am sure I can find someone to take the rest. LOL

d4klutz":xqzj3ewn said:
I ordered some snuff from MrSnuff last week.  I have never tried it before, So, i figured I would give it a whirl

1 x Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix 25g
1 x Wilsons Sandalwood 5g
2 x Wilsons Crumbs of Comfort 5g
1 x Rockit Ice Cool 10g
1 x Wilsons Vanilla 5g

I know it is probably a weird order.  One of my favorite scents is sandalwood/ vanilla.  Figured I would try it out.  Kaiser recommended Morlaix.  I saw lots of good reviews on Crumbs of Comfort.  And, i wanted to try a mild menthol (which it appeared Ice Cool) was.  If I don't like it, I am sure I can find someone to take the rest.  LOL
Looks like a nice first order. I'll be interested in reading what you think of Morlaix.  ;)  Wilson's sandalwood is great and so is Crumbs of Comfort.

WoS Whiskey. This is one of those super-charged snuffs, very invigorating. The scent is just okay but the feeling it gives you is something else. Dang! I feel like the Six Million Dollar Man right now.

Just got my first order of snuff in from MrSnuff. Rockit Ice cool is a good smelling, mild mentholated snuff. I like it. I took a sniff of the Morlaix to see what it smells like. I am not sure Im going to like it yet. It smells like old bar soap. Ill try it at another time.

d4klutz":b7lqook9 said:
I took a sniff of the Morlaix to see what it smells like.  I am not sure Im going to like it yet.  It smells like old bar soap.   Ill try it at another time.  
Morlaix might be a bit more for the "advanced class". It's got a baby powder thing going on over the top of the more delicate florals and the subtler, creamy tobacco scent. Hang onto it, though. You may come around to liking it later.

Just put in an order at good ol' Mr. Snuff

McChrystal's Hops, 8.75g
McChrystal's Highland Ice, 3.5g
Sam Gawith London Brown, 25g
F&T High Dry Toast, 25g
WoS Tom Buck, 10g
A few of the 10g smash boxes as well.

Plenty of SG Black Coffee and WoS Jasmine to keep me busy until it all arrives, but I'm really eager to try all of them - they've all been on my "to try" list for a while. Well...except for the hops. I had that before and thought it was awful. So, logically, the best response is to buy more and try it again.

idbowman":e9a5yans said:
Just put in an order at good ol' Mr. Snuff

McChrystal's Hops, 8.75g
McChrystal's Highland Ice, 3.5g
Sam Gawith London Brown, 25g
F&T High Dry Toast, 25g
WoS Tom Buck, 10g
A few of the 10g smash boxes as well.

Plenty of SG Black Coffee and WoS Jasmine to keep me busy until it all arrives, but I'm really eager to try all of them - they've all been on my "to try" list for a while.  Well...except for the hops.  I had that before and thought it was awful.  So, logically, the best response is to buy more and try it again.
Excellent order right there, Ian. Okay, what is it with some of these scents that ultimately end up haunting our olfactory receptors? The fact that you are reordering Hops says something.

The other day I had a hankering for a snoot of Morlaix. At first I couldn't bare the thought of sniffing anymore of this stuff & I kept dreading the idea that I had a 25g mountain of it to climb. Now my brain loves it, it's unbelievable. I take a sniff of it and the hills are alive with the Sound of Music.

Look at all the pretty flowers! :shock: :flower: 

I instantly regret the Highland Ice.

Not that I ordered it, but that I only ordered the small little sample tin. Sweet mercy this is amazing.

idbowman":lfm1eezz said:

Not that I ordered it, but that I only ordered the small little sample tin.  Sweet mercy this is amazing.
I hate when that happens!  :x 

DrumsAndBeer":leupzxbp said:
idbowman":leupzxbp said:

Not that I ordered it, but that I only ordered the small little sample tin.  Sweet mercy this is amazing.
I hate when that happens!  :x 
Thats a good problem. :)

Well boo.

Samuel Gawith Black Coffee 10g
Samuel Gawith Sg Cola 10g
Gawith Hoggarth Tia Maria 10g
Samuel Gawith FireDance 25g
McChrystal's Mild Lemon 21g (So good!)
McChrystal's Original & Genuine 21g
McChrystal's Supermint 21g
Fribourg & Treyer Morlaix 25g
Fribourg & Treyer High Dry Toast 25g
Toque Berwick Brown 10g
Toque Coke 10g
Toque Espresso 10g
Toque Spanish Gem 10g
Fribourg & Treyer Morocco 25g

gravel":piyey4ei said:
Well boo.

Toque Berwick Brown 10g
Toque Coke 10g
Toque Espresso 10g
Toque Spanish Gem 10g
Hot Damn! That's a sweet freaking haul! I would love to hear your thoughts on Morocco, Spanish Gem, Tia Maria, and McC's Super Mint. ;)

DrumsAndBeer":8kn780ba said:
gravel":8kn780ba said:
Well boo.

Toque Berwick Brown 10g
Toque Coke 10g
Toque Espresso 10g
Toque Spanish Gem 10g
Hot Damn! That's a sweet freaking haul! I would love to hear your thoughts on Morocco, Spanish Gem, Tia Maria, and McC's Super Mint. ;)
Sure thing. It may take awhile. I only wanted to purchase another snuff box!

My current box has McC Hops in it and it is almost empty. I'm trying to decide what to put in it next... Maybe F&T French Carrotte or Santo Domingo. I have some Schmalzers I may work into regular use this fall... Once winter rolls in that Supermint looks mighty appealing.

Solid order...I didn't care much for Tia Maria, but the SG Black Coffee, FT HDT, Toque Coke and FT Morocco all spend quite a bit of time in my nose.

As for me, I just threw in another order of my own (nothing major):

25g SG Black Coffee
25g SG Plum
25g SG Firedance
25g Viking Dark
12.5g De Kralingse Chococreme
6g Stok Charlotte
...and 2 10g smash boxes just for kicks.

The Black Coffee and Chococreme are favorites to restock on. The others I'll be trying for the first time (very excited to get into the Firedance!).

gravel":tasoxgzk said:
DrumsAndBeer":tasoxgzk said:
gravel":tasoxgzk said:
Well boo.

Toque Berwick Brown 10g
Toque Coke 10g
Toque Espresso 10g
Toque Spanish Gem 10g
Sure thing. It may take awhile. I only wanted to purchase another snuff box!

My current box has McC Hops in it and it is almost empty. I'm trying to decide what to put in it next... Maybe F&T French Carrotte or Santo Domingo. I have some Schmalzers I may work into regular use this fall... Once winter rolls in that Supermint looks mighty appealing.
Ah yeah. This arrived today. Just as fast as SP to the west coast!