Le Mort de le Mouse!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipetongue1

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Yesterday whilst bringing Mary back home from one of her craft fairs, our two cats, Peaches & Maxine, earned their stripes as it were! :D We were presented with one dead mouse! :shock: , I grab it and flung it outside, Well done girls! Peaches first mouse, Maxine just a baby yet! :shock:
No Pacem for mice in this house! :tongue:

Good job well done by the Kitty.My cat never would completely kill
things,only maul them severley and lose interest.My wife would find
them still alive and get hysterical. :twisted:

Winslow :sunny:

That is great. My cats would always eat them but leave me the moles and squirrel parts on my front porch. There is nothing like stepping on a half eaten squirrel at 6 in the morning taking the dog out to pee.

Sounds like you're raising a good mouser! I'm like Eggman. My cats would leave half consumed animals as a present on the front porch. :roll:

CAT.gif

WINSLOW :p

My dogs won't bother a mouse, but they're hell on any possum that gets into the yard behind my house. Every time I look up, I'm having to take care of the unfortunate remains. They leave the mouse killing job to me.

I had a Cairn Terrier who lived up to his heritage in the killing of rats though!

Cairn-Terrier.jpg

From the wiki on them:

Cairn Terriers are ratters. In Ireland they would search the cairns (large rock piles) for rats and other rodents. Thus if one is kept as a house hold pet it will do the job of a cat, specifically catching and killing mice, rabbits, and squirrels.

He would almost daily leave me prizes on the back door step. I'm thinking the neighbors missed him when he finally went to the great rock pile in the sky! He was an absolutely fearless guard dog as well, once nearly disemboweling a Rottweiler which came after our other dog! He ended up with a broken shoulder in the fight, the Rotti died several days later from an infection. That Cairn was also marvelous with kids!