Leather Holsters.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
I've used Simply Rugged almost exclusively and I have zero complaints. But I'm curious if anyone has any positives with another inexpensive bit high quality holster maker...

Leather, I do not like kydex or hybrids.. I've tried multiple times. Honestly if they made a canvas holster the equivalent of the M12 but suitable for medium frame revolvers I'd go that route. But they don't so leather it is.

I prefer cheap Uncle Mikes because of an odd method of concealed carry I use that we needn't go into, but the best leather holster I ever used was an Alessi, after accumulating a bagful of others. No idea what they now cost, but I used to buy them right at the factory in nearby Buffalo. This is a very subjective thing, as I'm sure you know.

http://www.alessigunholsters.com/

I'm not seeing anything for the types of firearms I carry.
And that's incredible considering the amount of firearms they list. Lol.

I don't do uncle mikes, at all, ever.. if they work for you that's awesome.

puros_bran":si35sdm4 said:
...I don't do uncle mikes, at all, ever.. if they work for you that's awesome.
They're a step up from the piece of string method.  ;)

They aren't bad. Especially considering there's a 15% off coupon right now.

I'd probably jump but they don't have either firearm listed that I'm shopping for.

*Most people hear 'cheap' when someone says inexpensive. They aren't the same thing. Cheap is the exact opposite of inexpensive.

Cheap: Gillette Comfortshave 5000. Inexpensive: Merkur
One razor cost $10 the other $30 but the $10 razor needs replaced in three days, the $30 razor will last several lifetimes.

Cheap: Bic ballpoint. Inexpensive: Pelikan 200.
Again one cost $5 for 20, the other $150. Also again, you'll buy 4 packs a year of the Bic and never have to buy another pen with the Pelikan.

I could go on, the theory literally applies to almost every product one can purchase. My papaw always said "I'm too poor to be cheap". I don't need designer goods but I do need durable goods. The weirdest thing to me is other poor people going out continually purchasing the high cost, disposable, cheap goods but deriding those of us that stretch our dollars as far as possible. I don't understand it.

The comment section makes me want to pull my hair out.

One of the asinine comments from a very ignorant man was basically "poor people are lazy because I do this and I'm poor". Then he goes on a self righteous rant about how he and his wife, a doctor and a lawyer, work a combined 130 hours a week... Eff that douche, I worked 130hours a week by myself for 20 years. When my wife worked we were combining for 170-180hours a week.. And we weren't poor.. But this doctor and lawyer is? GTFOOH.

ANYWAY, back on topic.. I went ahead and just ordered a Sourdough Pancake from Simplyrugged and called it a day.

El Paso Saddlery makes some good stuff. I had one of their Yaqui Slides for a cz-75 I owned back in the early 90's. Believe it or not I onverted it to a holster for s&w 36 some years later by simply taking a spacer out. Lol.