Leather worker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
Tonight at the gas station one of or regular customers shows up. He owns a leather shop that makes varsity jackets, leather coats,purses ect ect ect. well I asked him if he carried pipe/tobacco pouches and he told me no that he don't normaly have them made,but if I bring him a pipe and a pouch of baccie he will make me one! He did say that he wouldn't line it because it would be better to leave it in the factory pouch and then put the whole thing in.

He then got this look on his face (a good one) and asked if I smoked a pipe and I told him yes. He smiled and said " it is good to see younger people enjoying tobacco pipes and not the "other" pipes out there for a change.

Perhaps I can get him to work out a deal with the forum where he can get more buisness,and we can get good prices on the pouches. He could probably make them for the tins as well.

i have been thinkin bout makin my own pipe pouch. I am an amatuer leather worker and love doing little projects like that. glad to see you found someone to make you a nice one.

I think that's a great idea and sounds like he would enjoy doing it.

Having just given away a couple zip-top "pleather" pouches that I didn't care for, and been fairly good at making and repairing clothing on my wife's sewing maching,...I've too have been considering making my own pouches.

My only question was going to be put in a new thread, but I'll ask it here,.....what is best to use for the liner?
Are the better pouches lined with latex or vinyl? I had one that took weeks to stop smelling like a new swimming pool.

Do any of you know?

the ones I seen mentioned was made of "surgical rubber" I am thinking something simular to tubing for IV's but thin sheets instead. I was going to make my own as well but thats where I ran into the snag. I guess you could use vinyl flashing the type I am talking about comes in rolls and is very simular ,if not the same type used on furniture ect. You can probably pich that up at a building supply store such as lowes ect.