Leaving for Alaska tonight

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the rev

Reaction score
Very excited, second honeymoon. There is nothing better in the world then spending time in beautiful natural surroundings with nobody but my wife for company. Early morning coffee and pipe on the porch of our cabin, fishing, hiking mmmmmm nice

rev

Sounds like fun Rev! Is this a "road trip" or are ya'll flying and where all are you going up there? :lol: 

I fell in love with a girl in Alaska once a long time ago; I was 21 and she 17. I still think of her whenever the name "Alaska" pops up, a little wince of pain and regret due to my always conflating the two. Would like to return some day, as sort of a sentimental journey. It's quite a place, especially if one likes being overwhelmed by "nature," as I was, though in a different sense from the norm. Enjoy yourself up there. Now is a great time of the year to go, as I remember.

we are flying to anchorage and then driving down to Seward where we stay for five nights then back to anchorage for a day. Doing a half day salmon boat and a 7 hour cruise of the national park, but the rest of the time we are gonna hide out from everyone.

rev

Sounds like a good time, brother.

Hope ya'll have a safe and fun trip! :cheers: 

Have an awesome time there, Rev. Glad you're going to so the Kenai Fijords. It's spectacular. Take a lazy half day and hike to Exit Glacier. You walk right up to it. You'll have a good chance of seeing some entertaining black bears out there. No need to be afraid of them.

Another good day trip is to hike to Cains Head along the beach. You can so it in a day easy. Just have to plan around the tide. There's an old WWII fort there.

Finally think about doing a little sea kayaking trip. Resurrection Bay is stunning.

Think of me when you look up at Mt Marathon in town. I've ran that race 4 times! Only hike it if you're feeling extra energetic or crazy. Have fun!

the rev":0pmkuwd2 said:
Very excited, second honeymoon.  There is nothing better in the world then spending time in beautiful natural surroundings with nobody but my wife for company.  Early morning coffee and pipe on the porch of our cabin, fishing, hiking mmmmmm nice

rev
Sounds perfect! Enjoy yourself and squeeze your love lots and lots.