Lee Van Cleef

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eklektos44

Reaction score
Found this article on a blog by ALANDP on Lee Van Cleef. I guess that it's our alandadp. Anyhoo, it's a great blog entry. And I'm a big Lee Van Cleef fan, so here it is :) :

http://briarfiles.blogspot.com/2013/05/pipe-smoker-lee-van-cleef.html

xzLxfG.jpg

Hmm..in San Antonio, so I guess it's a different alandp

Lee Van Cleef was one of my favorite actors as well. He had an extensive filmography outside the western genre, which he was so well known for.

Thanks for posting eklektos, I enjoyed the read. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Very cool, I really enjoyed Van Cleef's acting talent. I always dug that he was a pipe smoker on and off screen. I didn't know our AlanDP is a blogger, assuming it's the same guy.

Great link, thanks for sharing. The chap appears to be a fan of LBF too. :cheers:

Watched "Barquero" in honor of Lee tonight. His pipe? A Peterson's Standard System, looked to be about a 305 or 307 XL.

At least three of Lee's films were riffed by Mystery Science Theater 3000: It Conquered The World, Master Ninja I, and Master Ninja II. All three of them are stinkburgers.

The first is a low-budget sci-fi romp co-starring Lee, Peter Graves and Beverly Garland, all of whom deport themselves well, despite a desperately cheesy screenplay, and even cheesier effects.

The last two are compilations from a failed TV series, in which they simply stuck two separate episodes back-to-back in each case to make a "movie"...continuity be damned. Lee is good (as usual), but the "films" otherwise suffer from unredeemable douchebaggery by co-star Timothy Van Patten. He is aided and abetted by a massive dose of mid-1980s bimbonics served up by some actresses whose performances are about as convincing as the jerkettes they portray.

Not even Lee's performance would be enough to persuade me to watch such offerings of Hollywood offal on their own, but the comedic whimsy of MST3K (all three are from the Joel era) makes them fun.

newjok10.png