Let her rest

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
I fired up a bowl of Curly Cut in a BSP yesterday and sat under the gazebo with a weather eye on the horizon. Sure enough after only 5 or so minutes it rained so hard with strong gusts of wind that I was forced to beat a hasty retreat. I left the pipe on the windowsill ready for consideration the following day (today, Sunday).

Sat in the same chair under the gazebo today and fired her up again. Wowsers! Masses of smoke and, perhaps (?), an increase in flavour for the first 15 mins after which things settled down to a standard smoke.

I've read posts concerning DGT but never really experienced it. I don't know if this was it as it was hardly conclusive but nonetheless it was a jolly good smoke!

I do it all the time, though not by design. I have a hunch that virginias get better results than burleys, but I'm too lazy to make note when serendipity happens. But happen it will, as you've discovered.

[And with that profound statement, reeking of a vast knowledge of tobacco lore and experience, the author exits the stage in search of more liquor and possibly a whore. But fear not, he will return eventually for the edification of all and sundry--even though he no has no idea who sundry actually is.]

Happy circumstance Stick. Sometimes DGT can produce spectacular results.

Equally, sometimes not so much.

Glad to know you had a pleasant ending on this, mate.

8)

Cheers,

RR

DGT requires some luck and the right combo of events, I'd say . Just today, I had completed my property maintenance tasks, then did my daily three miles and then filled a Sav 824 KS with 4-year-old Stokkebye Lux bulls eye flake, lit her up and settled down on the deck to admire my labors on a perfect summer day. Less than halfway through the bowl, my missus appeared and announced that we were going to pick up some take-out meals and head to our daughter's house to admire our new grandbaby for a few wonderful hours between his feedings and naps. Four hours later we returned home, and I relit the pipe -- it was a bit more mellow, smoother, still sweet, but not as sharp. The right combo was -- a pipe perfectly suited to Virginias, a quality tobak, the pipe hadn't been smoked deeply into the bowl, and I'd run a pipe cleaner through the stem before parking it. One key, I'd say -- No matter Whar Holme's habit  might have been, don't smoke the pipe nearly into the dottle and then relight it, hoping for a nice surprise.